Stone work...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a/7b depending on the map
Country
United States
Is kinda like a jigsaw puzzle. Where all the pieces are the same color, and there's no picture to go by.

DSCN1065 (Copy).jpg
DSCN1066 (Copy).jpg
DSCN1067 (Copy).jpg

Spent the day hiding the liner with fieldstone. There's still more to do.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Ah but it’s so satisfying!

Here’s a take it or leave it suggestion - your edge will look more natural if you vary the size of the stone or add some other elements like wood. And of course plants help to break up the edge too. Not something that you need to do right now, but when you get to the “tinker” stage it’s fun to play with the look. I keep my eyes open for fallen logs or pieces of drift wood when I’m out walking.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Looks VERY NICE!
Yes, It is like a jigsaw puzzle. But it seems you're never done. It's true what LisaK1said about always "tinkering" around. This goes with every aspect of ponding.
Here's the way I did it: I have my plant shelves and I also formed a small shelf for the first layer of stone so that this layer would be submerged.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a/7b depending on the map
Country
United States
Yeah, it's an ongoing project, and I'll be rearranging stones for a more natural appearance as time goes on.
Thanx for the input.

Ask a Question