Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hi,
Recently I have been tasked with looking after 5 fish that live in a small garden pond after the owner passed away. Today I emptied out the pond to clean it so I put the fish in a tank, but then I noticed that most of the fish had small white lumps on their bodies and two of them had large lumps on their fins. I do not know the specific type of the fish (I think they are goldfish) and I don't know about the condition of the pond, other than the water was very murky and there was a black frog living in it too, plus green algae around the sides of the pond. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me what's wrong with the fish and (if there is a problem) how to cure them :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh my what a fine healthy young male goldfish you have there lol these are what are known as breeding tuterculs and are entirely natural it just indicates this male goldfish is ready to mate with any females it may come across in the pond:cool: .
Both these fish are males so you need to get them back in the pond with their remales so they can make more babies;)
They use these growths to tittilate the female into breeding mode and the rest they say is history , a short time later eggs then fry then more goldfish :happy:

Congratulations

Dave

Last edited:

Ask a Question