Strange Things Found In Your Skimmer

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Would love to see some of the strange things everyone has found in their skimmers.

Attachments

• received_302812897082611.jpeg
    received_302812897082611.jpeg
    19.5 KB · Views: 205
Reaction score
Country
United States
Would love to see some of the strange things everyone has found in their skimmers.

Now I didn't see this with my own eyes but the prior owner of the home we purchased said he was surprised by a mink-like creature that ate all his fish and then hid in either his skimmer or waterfall box (I can't recall which). He told me he came out to his pond I think at dusk or dawn, could not see any fish, could not find any fish, removed the cover of the skimmer or waterfall box and found himself face to face with the little ferret-like creature. Which high-tailed it out of there but not after giving the home owner a good fright and with no thanks for the easy meal. It is for this reason he told me he started shutting down his pump at night (says the sound of running water brings the predators).

Ask a Question