Stream Orchid first blooms

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a/sunset zone 23
Country
United States
These are new and still quite small but apparently happy! California Stream Orchid, Epipactus Gigantea, var. Serpentine Night.

Attachments

• 91BDE586-1882-44C7-8740-0600400DBDC9.jpeg
    91BDE586-1882-44C7-8740-0600400DBDC9.jpeg
    186.1 KB · Views: 50
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a/sunset zone 23
Country
United States
They are a wild native to California rivers and streams, so I was excited to plant something from my own state! This specific variant with the reddish leaves was cultivated from a natural variant found in one small area in Northern Cal. I think there’s about a half dozen nurseries (non-aquatic) in total in the US that carry stream orchids.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
<======== wants to see what other goodies @Criscar has and what the pond looks like

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
These are new and still quite small but apparently happy! California Stream Orchid, Epipactus Gigantea, var. Serpentine Night.
Sigh...................I ordered some! On their way, now need to figure out where to put them.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a/sunset zone 23
Country
United States
<======== wants to see what other goodies @Criscar has and what the pond looks like
I’m going to be playing some plant musical chairs as my lindernia grandiflora has been super unhappy ever since I raised the water level an inch last fall. Once I get all the plants resituated I’ll take some new photos. I doubt there’s anything else in there you haven’t seen 100 times in someone else’s pond, other than the stream orchid. On the fish end of things I did get a pair of lemon comets that are very vivid yellow! Will post about those elsewhere when I have some good pics.

Ask a Question