Stream rebuild and liner replacement with pics

Reaction score
Country
United States
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Rebuilt this stream that flows into a pondless. Liner had no underlayment and was in three pieces. Was leaking, and upon demo discovered mats of roots in between each piece of liner.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Put down underlayment, rubber liner, and leveled waterfall box. Rebuilt waterfall using all old stones from previous build. Prior the round were mixed in with flat making everything look horrible and unnatural. Checking stream flow in this pic.
image.jpeg

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Very nice! What a beautiful setting for a stream.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I wonder something about streams ,would some lava rock mixed in a stream help build up the good bacteria build up .Also I know to keep my bird bath clean I add a small piece of copper plumbing fitting to keep water clean and yet they say copper is bad for fish is this true .Never tried it in my pond .My water lines in my house are not copper either .

Reaction score
Country
United States
I wonder something about streams ,would some lava rock mixed in a stream help build up the good bacteria build up .Also I know to keep my bird bath clean I add a small piece of copper plumbing fitting to keep water clean and yet they say copper is bad for fish is this true .Never tried it in my pond .My water lines in my house are not copper either .
Anything to give bacteria surface area to colonize on will help build it up. Personally I think lava rocks are ugly so i wouldn't put them into a stream but if function over form suits you go ahead :)

I don't personally know about the copper thing but am now going to do some research.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you everyone for all of the compliments it definitely feels good to make something so ugly look better.

Ask a Question