String algae treats

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpegimage.jpeg As a relatively new pond keeper I have had major angst over green water and string algae the last 3 years. Thankfully the wise ones contributing to this forum convinced me not to fret . Now in my 3rd full season the pond has matured and did not go through the green water phase that caused me to worry I'll never see my fish!!!
The string algae that grows in the stream section is easily removed and has a NEW function ...FISH TREATS. While cleaning the stream I discovered the fish would swarm to feast where the stream dumps into the pond. Must be lots of nutrients running through the water. So I rolled some string algae threw it into the pond and witnessed a feeding frenzy. (Tried to upload a video but didn't work)Wonder if I can market this stuff

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Not sure what kind of green algae my fish are munching on constantly, maybe blanket? Well it's kinda stringy that sticks to the liner. Anyways they love the stuff, even prefer it over the sticks.

I have notice my fish scales have appeared way more vibrant in color since they have being eating it. This a known fact or something else?

Ask a Question