Stuffed N Sticky

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Thompson seedless, the sweetest I've ever tasted right in my backyard. Still warm after a full days sun, sugar content 99%! Couldn't stop eating, I was a sticky mess with a stuffed belly.
021.jpg

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
All picked clean now, cas! :D Having been born in wine country, I well remember the sweet stickiness of those grapes. The sugar would glue our fingers together, and we had to soak our hands in warm water to get them apart! :happy:
John

peter hillman

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
are they hard to grow?
Not in my area, no special care, this one's about 18 years old. Also have a mini sour grape the wife likes them? And my parents nearby have a wonderfully delicious purple grape, but have too many seeds to really enjoy.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Not in my area, no special care, this one's about 18 years old. Also have a mini sour grape the wife likes them? And my parents nearby have a wonderfully delicious purple grape, but have too many seeds to really enjoy.
I want to grow fruit plant but my husband likes to move every few years so I'm wary of trying to plant anything that'll take a while to produce.

After seeing your post I want to plant this 'Cotton Candy grapes' that i bought at the store the other day.... cant think of any other grapes but that one. Only 1 company has it so no buying them to home grow!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
The first year our seeded concords produced I made grape juice and canned it (100% pure nothing added). I canned 2 dozen large jars and drank them all within a month :( My husband had a sip of one jar. I couldn't stop, it was so good! I was sick to my stomach I drank so much grape juice and spent half the day in the bathroom!!! But do you know what? I still couldn't stop! Nothing could stop me until it was all gone. I have moderation issues.

The last few years the birds have been getting all the grapes before they ripen. It's probably best that way.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Mmm looks yummy!!!
I so envy people that can grow fruits in their backyard!:cautious:

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We have had all sorts of fruit planted.Apples, peaches, cherries and the bugs and squirrels got them all. Now we stick to berries. High bush blueberries, blackberries and raspberries. Much easier to deal with!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Our apples feed the deer. But this year all have not done well the warm March lead to a cold freezing April, which lead to very few fruit, all the buds froze

peter hillman

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
I also have an apple tree. So sweet, so juicy. They're a little small but free of insects this year, last year they all had holes in them. That's why I ate nine of them right off the tree, sticky with juice, belly stuffed.
137.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
All my fruit trees got hit by a frost just as they flowered so no fruit .Oh but did get 2 winter pears that managed to survive .No plums ,apples ,peach's or kiwi .Only strawberries

Ask a Question