submersible pump

Reaction score
I have a submersible pump in my pond, the pond is about 500 gallons i believe. The pump stopped working today and i pulled it out and it was hot and it felt like it was trying to work but no water was coming out. Do you all think that the pump is burnt up or is something else wrong?

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
check your impeller,,it may had come off ,or stopped up, if not new pump requied.

Reaction score
I tried to take the pump apart but i could not get all the way into it. It looks like a clear, circular, plastic piece is connected to something inside the actually pump and that is preventing me from being able to get into it. I have a Beckett G535 versa gold series pump if that helps.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
does that circular part turn when you turn the pump on ?

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
thats my guess,,,will the pump ,pump any water at all with the lines off??? if not take a water hose and back flush the pump to see if its clogged.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
If the impeller moves, then the pumps is ok unless the impeller is loose on it's shaft.
Since the pump is hot, it may have a shorted winding. If it is less than 2 years old and you have the receipt, Beckett will replace it free. I have done it several times when I had problems.
Home Depot carries Beckett.

Reaction score
It works now! I think i need to tighten it though because bubbles are coming out of the sealing in it. Thanks for the help!

Ask a Question