addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They have now decided the potted plants were the cat's meow.

DSC03618.jpg

DSC03616.jpg

DSC03607.jpg

DSC03598.jpg

DSC03619.jpg

This little one decided to eat in the garden

DSC03604.jpg

DSC03605.jpg

This one was trying to dig a tunnel in the pot

DSC03594.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
If you don't want them to destroy everything you can spray the plants wit hot pepper spray so they will not eat the whole plant .I know the groundhogs around here like kitchen scraps from veggies and stuff

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
we just moved one of the plants to the other deck. Little brats, we don't feed them anything, want them to want to move on when mom is ready to get rid of them. They are so much fun to watch, play like puppies out there.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I give the ones here kitchen scraps but over near my neighbors property :razz: They stay there not here .I figure let them make there home over there .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh so cute! I like the little one that's holding the yellow flower. Guess they are getting a sweet tooth for your nice plants now and maybe time to move on. Maybe they will make an exception and all decide to stay on your property together addy...............uh oh now that might not be so good if they eat everything in sight! Naughty babies!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mom eats weeds, these naughty children like the flowers. I have caged a few with chicken wire that they where eating too much of.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I guess they are just like kids and the flowers are there candy and they want more and more .They are cute but just like raccoons they can destroy a lot of stuff .Besides that there digging holes can be dangerous .I remember back in NJ I sprain my ankle in a ground hog hole it was in one of my flower gardens ,did not see it among the flowers.They killed a lot of my flowers making tunnels under where the roots were growing .

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I guess they are just like kids and the flowers are there candy and they want more and more .They are cute but just like raccoons they can destroy a lot of stuff .Besides that there digging holes can be dangerous .I remember back in NJ I sprain my ankle in a ground hog hole it was in one of my flower gardens ,did not see it among the flowers.They killed a lot of my flowers making tunnels under where the roots were growing .

we are going to watch for that Sissy, so far the young ones are just living in mom's home. If need be we will get them moving on.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Time for the kids to move out and get a place of their own.They have it too good at your place addy. Will be interesting to see if they go out on their own or not. How do you get a ground hog to move on?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
put a sign up ground hogs not welcome with arrow pointing away from your place .I do know from reading that once they have babies in a spot they will come back and have babies there again so put down mothballs when they leave they do not like the scent of them .Wildlife guy told me that in NJ and it seemed to work for me ,but mothballs where cheaper back then .I bought a 50lb bag and spread around my property edge a few here a few there .I was the easter mothball lady .He told me to do it in the spring when they were having there babies ,After a rain or 2 the mothballs were gone .Ground hogs stayed away after 2 years and treated only now and then after that

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
We dont have problems with ground hogs. We see them every now and then. What we do have problems with is Moles! Darn things are everywhere. Gotta be careful and not break your ankle in one of there tunnels. The darn Crawdads are bad this year to. There is holes everywhere in the yard and garden. never seen them so bad ever!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Will remember that Sissy, the female has been living under our garage for a few years, this is the first baby explosion we have seen. We can fence the deck area to keep her out. I have read they have several dens dependent on time of year and food supply, they move from den to den. We are waiting to see if it comes to that.

Ask a Question