Supaverm for goldfish population control.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Janssen Supaverm. Craziest thing I have ever heard of, I just had to share. I read it mentioned at koiphen.

It is primarily used for fluke control for only Koi, because it also has severe death causing affects on the common goldfish and other goldfish species. Heh, I thought something like this had to exist.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I admit, makes me sad too since I just keep common goldfish as well.

Heh, i'm guessing it is one of the purposes. Personallly, I wouldn't even use it for Koi. Something sounds a bit fishy to me about it. I would really have to research it more before i could ever recommend it.

My guess people that have mutiple ponds that are connected where koi in one and other has comets and fancy goldfish seperated where occasionally the goldfish fry will get into the koi pond, multiply in the koi pond, then this is used to remove them out of the koi pond.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Poor little helpless goldfish. It really sounds kinda sicko to me :sad:

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Wow, sad :( Don't believe I could do that. Hey don't you have fancytails?
Not yet !! It is in the plans.

Poor little helpless goldfish. It really sounds kinda sicko to me :sad:
Heh, yeah, that's kind of what made it sound so crazy to me. Now, i wonder if there is something that would selectively kill only toads and frogs in ponds. Bah, i'm terrible. :sad:

Reaction score
Lol. I would say that would be a nope, without killing Everything in the pond. Hey. Why don't you get yourself a few gardensnakes like Larkin. They work great! :D
However I can't ever keep them around because of the cat, and now we have a new kitty Oliver :) I'm sure he'll be a pond kitty this next year too. Charlie my other cat, loves to sit and watch the fish, he's be showing Oliver the ropes I'm sure :)

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I've never seen any of the garden snakes I release around the ponds eat a single fish. I've seen them eat a few small frogs but not fish, Only fish I have ever lost from a snake was a banded water snake. I've never heard of controlling goldfish in that manner. I can tell you fantails plain and simply do not reproduce like comets and shubbies. I rarely ever see any fantail babies and I have kept a few in the pond for the last couple of years. Wanting to devote a couple of ponds just to trying to breed some fantails of one kind or another. Oh and Wendy, I bought a cute little panda Oranda this spring, Itt's now just a white oranda and pretty ugly one at that. The panda Oranda hasn't become stable yet so you can expect some of the black to fade out over time with most.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Janssen Supaverm. Craziest thing I have ever heard of, I just had to share. I read it mentioned at koiphen.

It is primarily used for fluke control for only Koi, because it also has severe death causing affects on the common goldfish and other goldfish species. Heh, I thought something like this had to exist.

Yes Superverm is a death sentebce to all of goldfish kind , but it treats flukes in koi and is quick and easy to use , personally I prefare flukeM by Kusuri
But if I heard of anyone using it to control the population of goldfsh by nuking them with superverm I would be straight on the phone ringing the RSPCA here in the UK or the American oppostie number of the RSPCA .
A Life is a life .... it shouldnt be writen up on koiphen like that......

rgrds

Dave

Ask a Question