SUPERFISH ECO 8000 POND PUMP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Superfish Eco 8000 pond pump and am seeking some advice as to maintenance. The pump is being used outside the pond and I have disconnected the inlet pipe and can feel the impeller which seems to be clean from a visual inspection. Is it necessary to remove the impeller to make sure that it is completely free of debris?

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Is there a reason you checked the pump to make sure is was running smoothly? If it was just a regular check and you aren't experiencing any problems then I don't see any reason to remove it.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a reason you checked the pump to make sure is was running smoothly? If it was just a regular check and you aren't experiencing any problems then I don't see any reason to remove it.
Thanks for your reply. It was just a regular check and no debris was found where the inlet pipe meets the impeller. I used to have a pump with a filter basket which needed cleaning regularly. I suppose the pump I now have is allowing debris to flow through the pump so little maintenance may be required than previously.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Thanks for your reply. It was just a regular check and no debris was found where the inlet pipe meets the impeller. I used to have a pump with a filter basket which needed cleaning regularly. I suppose the pump I now have is allowing debris to flow through the pump so little maintenance may be required than previously.
A lot of the newer pumps are "solids handling", which simply allows small debris to pass through them, sounds like what you have!

Ask a Question