surprise

Reaction score
Country
United States
noticed a commotion in our pond yesterday and realized it was the baby bird that has been around for a couple days . ran out to see if i could save it and took a small net with me . surprise was that a frog had birds right wing and body in its mouth . i managed to scoop them both out and on to grass but the frog would not release the bird . ashamed to say i left them that way . went out later and frog was gone but bird was laying there alive . after supper i saw the bird on the patio once again begging food from any grown bird that was there . the baby bird was slightly bigger than a sparrow or house finch and frog was biggest i've seen at our pond . thanks for ''listening '' . . . peace

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Sometimes having the 'circle of life' played out right in front of you is a bit difficult. Wishing baby bird the best, but -- bullfrog's gotta eat too. (Now if I could only get one of our resident rat snakes to eat that D*** mouse that keeps crapping on our front porch rug...)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
This guy stalked birds in our pond for a few weeks one summer. We kept finding dead birds in the pond and were so perplexed... were they just falling from the tree and drowning?? Then one day I watched this big guy stake out his spot and do this:

Mr. Bigg.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah that’s a no from me. I know it’s the circle of life but I love birds and they have a hard enough time with cats, lights in buildings, etc. I will intervene and the frog will be removed down to the local wild pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
This guy stalked birds in our pond for a few weeks one summer. We kept finding dead birds in the pond and were so perplexed... were they just falling from the tree and drowning?? Then one day I watched this big guy stake out his spot and do this:

View attachment 130444
I Just came across a small garter snake with a HUGE bullfrog half digested

Ask a Question