SW Ohio newbie

Reaction score
Hi all, new guy from SW Ohio, just above Cincy. Been lurking for a long time, a lot of good info, decided to join.

Info on me, married- wife ( just celebrated 20yrs) & 2 teenagers :rolleyes:, 3 dogs, a cat, chickens, rabbits, goats. Son has various lizards, 2 corn snakes, 5 water turtles in an indoor pond and couple fish tanks, daugther jsut got a hedge hog. I have 2 fish tanks ( community and 2 oscars) and an outdoor preform pond, both ponds have home made bucket/barrel filters... that I designed from your alls info! We will be moving into a farm house in the next two months, plans are to build a large liner pond( 1500-2000gals), but will be just using 2-3 preformed together in a step down arrangement until time and funds allow in the future.
My big hobby is garden tractors, I have 13-14 in various stages from workers to restored and enjoy tractors hows and actually got to peoples' farms and we have "plow days".
I am also into muscle cars and 4x4's but too poor to own them haha.

I am also a typical DIY'er, I will build or tyr to build anything before buying off the shelf if I can. My barrel/drum filter is a skippy design, vortex on bottom with upflow through volcano rock. We used a 5 gal bucket on the indoor pond and it's a top down over volcano rock and then back up pipe. Both keep ponds very clean and stable.

Anyway, here's a couple pics of of ponds and such

My pond

Boy's turtle pond

Oscar tank

The boy on his tractor he wants to restore

One of mine goingback together

Reaction score
Thanks for welcome.
I've been to Willoughby, our youth group did a mission trip in downtown Cleveland, we stayed at the Willoughby Baptist church for the week.

We have 2 yellow bellied sliders, 2 painted and a Russian sideneck I think, some type of sideneck. LOL He had 4 turtles in a 55 gal so it was necessary to build the pond. The turtles are much happier and healthier too.

I do stay busy, my full time job, then I come home, tend the animals and I am remodeling my mom's farm house so we can move into so my days are 14-15 hrs right now.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. It seems you and I have many of the same interests as well as a lack of excessive funds needed to support them all. While I don't have a tractor collection, I do have a small landscape management company and a number of zero turn commercial mowers that I enjoy driving around lawns like they are go carts.... I also like muscle cars and have put a good amount of money into my diesel pickup, which is now faster than most cars on the street. Billet transmission, bigger turbo, way more fuel etc etc! Oh and we both have too many fish ponds and tanks lol....

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. It seems you and I have many of the same interests as well as a lack of excessive funds needed to support them all. While I don't have a tractor collection, I do have a small landscape management company and a number of zero turn commercial mowers that I enjoy driving around lawns like they are go carts.... I also like muscle cars and have put a good amount of money into my diesel pickup, which is now faster than most cars on the street. Billet transmission, bigger turbo, way more fuel etc etc! Oh and we both have too many fish ponds and tanks lol....

yea, I've had a few cars I tinkered with, mainly 79-81 camaros, few chevy 4x4's. Kids and family kind of take priority. The tractors are nice, I can pick one up for $50 to 3 or 400 and fix them up and not have thousands of dollars in one like a car or truck and it still gives me a hobby when I need a break. I would love to do a diesel conversion in my Tahoe or the truck in the pic with my son, but no money or the know how. I work on the Church's Grasshopper zero turn with w/kubota diesel and it's all I want to fight with haha.
We plan to downsize tanks/animals when we move. Son is a Jr and I'm not caring for all of his animals when he goes off to college in a year and half. :D

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
shrinking.gif
to our group! My honey has camero's, firebirds, corvettes. He is a craigslist junkie. Finds good deals and picks them up

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh no you didn't, that's sacriledge. :banghead: :D

"camAro"
Laughing...............didn't I say HIS cars? I drive my Prius or my kubota tractor.

He has them from the early 80's up to 2013, I can't keep track of them.

oh and a 70 something nova in the field.

Reaction score
Laughing...............didn't I say HIS cars? I drive my Prius or my kubota tractor.

He has them from the early 80's up to 2013, I can't keep track of them.

oh and a 70 something nova in the field.

sounds like my kind of guy...Nova?? another on my wish list 69-70 SS would fit the bill. And you got the Kubota, it's all good!!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Tahoe welcome from a very Misty (two days so far) Plymouth in the UK , had a hankering for fast bikes till a crash on a Kawasaki z 1300 put an end to that and busted me up good and propper .
But thats life celibrated 25 years of togetherness last December us to keep sliders and had the mother of all fish tanks till 5 years ago when we made the move outside
dandv03.jpg

dandv01.jpg

dandv02.jpg

Dave

Ask a Question