Swimming Pool Convert

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am not sure if this forum is the best place for my question but it is the best looking one that I have found.
So... I currently have a roughly 20k gallon in groun-swimming pool and I hate it. It is def a money pit! What I would like to do is convert it to a Garden Pond. My main question is if I can do this with a vinyl liner, or I will have to change that somehow. Any advice on that question would be much appreciated! Thank you!

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
animated-welcome-image-0032.gif

20k in ground...what holds the water in now? Is it just a pool liner? If so, yes, you would need a good pond liner. Is it concrete...if so, you don't need anything I would think.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah it's just a pool liner. So I would have to retrofit it with a pond liner huh? Ok thanks for the info.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Those pool liners they put in inground pools are pretty tough .I have seen them here and they are heavier duty than a normal pool liner .Does the liner have a brand name on it some where that will then give you the company that made it and you can find out it's quality ..My neighbor had one put in 5 years ago and it was a super heavy duty one .It was laid over a poured in place foundation .

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Swimming pool liners typically last 5 - 10 years. In a swimming pool, they are exposed to water and Chlorine. In a pond, they are subject to various organic acids, chewing insects, etc.
Get a 45 mil EPDM, it will be less expensive in the long term.

Ask a Question