Tadpoles

Reaction score
Hi,
Can anyone help me please? We have no frogs and consequently no tadpoles in our pond this year. As my sister had millions, literally, I took a couple of scoops with a jug and transferred some of hers into our pond. Whereas in her pond the tadpoles were on the surface when I transferred them they seemed immediately to go to the bottom and I haven't seen them since. There are newts in our pond and pond skaters happily skimming around on the top.
Can anyone offer any suggestions?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They may just be adjusting to the new pond, you might want to give them a little time.

and Welcome to the forum

Frogswelcomev.gif

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcome10.gif
Marg
Um, oops, if you have fish in your pond they may have just gotten a nice snack :rolleyes:
If you have no fish then they are prolly just freaked out for awhile and will soon adjust to their new home :lol:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
:rolleyes::lol: Good one addy.........where'd ya find that one? I'm always looking for new ones to pick up :lol::lol: I'll be borrowing that one from ya for sure :lol:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Don't really know jw, you know the remember brain cells, not important don't recall syndrome lol

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome marg and wish I could get rid of some of the tadpoles and frogs way to many here .They make so much noise it is unbelievable .When you have to get up every morning and scoop up parts of dead frogs you may not want them .My koi kill frogs and leave bodies everywhere .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sissy, send some to me...........I have squishy worm cakes waiting to greet them :lol:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
we have a large creek across the road from our house but I guess they like my pond better

Reaction score
why wouldn't they sissy, i mean with the A class bird service it was just a matter of time before the frogs heard, or was that addy hmmm?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
talal101 said:
why wouldn't they sissy, i mean with the A class bird service it was just a matter of time before the frogs heard, or was that addy hmmm?

Just part of the bird condo, even planted flowers for them. These are all new bulbs as of last fall, they are planted among knockout roses. home depot garden club buy one bag get one for free lol, I took advantage of that sell!

Attachments

• DSC01103.jpg
    DSC01103.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 261
  • DSC01104.jpg
    DSC01104.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 226

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I like your daffy field there and I have tons of bird house here too .I have a woods behind my house and it is a straight line of trees each tree has a birdhouse in it or on it fun to watch the birds fight over the better newer digs

Ask a Question