sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
hey I think I saw a monkey and elephant oops wrong chihuahua and pitbull lol oh well think I need new glasses or darn strong drink to correct the eyesight

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We may be older but I like to say "We are aged to perfection" and we do know what's going on in the world especially when we have raised teenagers who loved Guns and Roses..........I actually love that song myself but I haven't got the foggiest idea of what it has to do w/ frogs other than they live in the jungle :smile:

[ame]

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
jw and addy need to ask ? pond deicer got it today and I'm not sure it's working at all put in cold water for over half an hour so far and the coils do not even feel warm or does it take longer for them to warm up it is 750 watts .I never had a pond deicer before but after these past 2 winters thought I better get one never know what next year will be like

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It says on paper it is a thermo pond that will trn on and off and keep an ice free area

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I never had a deicer either sissy. I was going to get one once but decided it wasn't necessary cuz when I put the airstone and the bubblers in the pond they kept the holes in the ice open nicely. Our weather doesn't stay that cold long either :confused:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sissy, I think I have read that the temp of the water must be really cold to get those to come on...........maybe try putting it in water full of ice cubes :confused:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I didn't really want to get one but after this past winter and hearing all the comments on here about making the bottom water as cold as the top .I thought I would try it out ok ice maker full I will try that thank you

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you were right jw took ice out put it in fish tank with ice and water a few seconds later it was on and melting ice got it at pet mountain for 30.40 cents not bad I guess

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hooray, now you will have to let us know how it works in the winter.......................which hopefully is a looooooooooooooong way off from now :confused:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well I put 2 big buckets in there and it started melting them in seconds

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We were playing at costco, glad jw was able to help you sissy, they are driven by temperature, come on just when needed.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yes I was glad too as I read in temp controlled but geeze where was my head .I guess it was just relief now as the closing on the other house is now for sure on the 18th of this month at 2:00 and Mike and Tesia are thrilled and then the box came fed ex when it was not supposed to be here until tomorrow and couldn't wait to open and see the goodies I got for my fishy friends .Playing at costco huh what did you find new there that was so much fun addy .We only have sames club here but love going to see all the new spring stuff that has sprung up

Ask a Question