Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
So a telemarketer calls and says "due to high crime blah blah blah is "giving away" security systems" so my reply ? Sir, I have an M16 a Glock and 2 berretas I'm not afraid of any "criminals" His response ? are you sure that is enough sir LOL :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: who are the criminals ? The Royal Marines ? The US Army? lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Its not exactly telemarketing as such Marshall but the bane of my life "people selling things over the phone".
What I do nowadays is to mention my morphine intake each day twice a day plus all the other heavy medication I take to live nowadays :LOL:.
They cant sell to anyone who isnt 100% with it when they call you see :happy:
Sadly there have been too many vunerable people been taken for a ride through other cold callers here in the UK .
They made it a law that they cant solicate a deal over the phone with a vunerable person including me ;)

Dave

Reaction score
I had a tree hugger at my door one time looking for a donation. No matter what I tried he wouldn't leave. I finally told him told him that I had to get back to my cooking or my dinner would be spoiled. He asked what I was having and I told him an eagle casserole and it gets really tough when over cooked. He left.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I get calls everyday for free cruises and free vacations .at least 2 or 3 calls a day .It is for being a loyal credit card user .I tell them I just got back from vacation and it sucked and I don't have 1 single credit card :)Then I get calls from the police wanted donations and I tell them I donated with my last speeding ticket .I donate to my local animal shelter and to Gods Pit Crew here that is it .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have that but still get them .They have managed to get around it .There is warning here about these calls to seniors .They want your credit card number so you can get the free trip .THAT'S FREE :)They say it is to secure your trip only and nothing will be charged to your credit card .SURE o_O

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Its not exactly telemarketing as such Marshall but the bane of my life "people selling things over the phone".

Dave, just a suggestion - I've recently bought a new phone with BT's Call Guardian service. Any-one whose number is stored in your phone gets through straight away. Every-one else gets a message asking them to state their name and reason for the call. You then choose to either take the call, ignore it or block it. It dramatically cuts down the number of unwanted calls we get.
Chris

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Dave, just a suggestion - I've recently bought a new phone with BT's Call Guardian service. Any-one whose number is stored in your phone gets through straight away. Every-one else gets a message asking them to state their name and reason for the call. You then choose to either take the call, ignore it or block it. It dramatically cuts down the number of unwanted calls we get.
Chris
We had major problems with BT in the past Chris hense us being with Virgin nowadays , I'll talk to Val to see if she wants to go back to them or not mate but thanx for the heads up all the same

Dave

Ask a Question