Tell me about your pump.....

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
TO MAKE THE ANSWERS IN THIS THREAD EASIER TO FOLLOW, PLEASE COPY & PASTE THE QUESTIONS, AND ANSWER EACH AS AN INDIVIDUAL QUESTION:

• What brand is your main pump -- your "workhorse" pump?
  • What is the GPH (or LPH) rating?
  • What size (gallons/liters) is your pond?
  • What is the energy rating of this pump?
  • Does this pump service 1 or more than 1 feature?
  • Is it a "solids-handling" pump?
  • How do you "pre-filter" it?
  • Why did you choose this particular pump?
  • What do you like about it?
  • What DON'T you like about it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
  • What brand is your main pump -- your "workhorse" pump? Pond Master, all three are important.
  • What is the GPH (or LPH) rating? 1200, 2000 and 3000 GPH
  • What size (gallons/liters) is your pond? 1700 gallons
  • What is the energy rating of this pump? Don't know.
  • Does this pump service 1 or more than 1 feature? My 1200 does, the other two, do not.
  • Is it a "solids-handling" pump? Yes.
  • How do you "pre-filter" it? One is in the skimmer, but all three have built in pre-filters
  • Why did you choose this particular pump? It was recommended to me, many years ago.
  • What do you like about it? Reliability.
  • What DON'T you like about it? There isn't anything I dislike about it.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
laguna 2 one 2900 gph uses 80 watts and 2400 gph uses 60 watts , .Both are supposed to use more wattage but found the bigger the hose the less wattage they use .5000 gallons.Each pump services a filter and extra water is used for 2 spitters I made .They have a cage around them and a handle so I hang them off a pipe across my pond .I chose them because they are energy savers .So far they are great and easy to clean them and there cage ,no other prefilter and the 4 year warranty was good for peace of mind.If they warranty it that long it is a great pump .There is nothing I don't like about them .Next you may need to do aerators and airstones

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
TO MAKE THE ANSWERS IN THIS THREAD EASIER TO FOLLOW, PLEASE COPY & PASTE THE QUESTIONS, AND ANSWER EACH AS AN INDIVIDUAL QUESTION:

• What brand is your main pump -- your "workhorse" pump? - Atlantic TT6000
  • What is the GPH (or LPH) rating? - 6600 GPH max
  • What size (gallons/liters) is your pond? - ~2500 gallons
  • What is the energy rating of this pump? - 339 W
  • Does this pump service 1 or more than 1 feature? - No, just a waterfall
  • Is it a "solids-handling" pump? - Not really, but it can tolerate solids up to some size
  • How do you "pre-filter" it? It's in a skimmer with a basket and filter brushes
  • Why did you choose this particular pump? - Was the most energy efficient in the flow rate I needed
  • What do you like about it?
  • What DON'T you like about it? - Can't say I dislike anything about it

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
  • What brand is your main pump -- your "workhorse" pump?..................dragon lim
  • What is the GPH (or LPH) rating?...............................6800
  • What size (gallons/liters) is your pond?.............all 10 ponds over 12000
  • What is the energy rating of this pump?........................ don't remember, makes minimal difference on the power useage when turned on
  • Does this pump service 1 or more than 1 feature?......................4
  • Is it a "solids-handling" pump?........................nothing stops it
  • How do you "pre-filter" it?........................just a leaf basket
  • Why did you choose this particular pump?................. very highly rated, it has been running for almost 15 yrs
  • What do you like about it?......................everything, quiet, power efficient, has a save feature if the water flow stops a bit of water swishes back and forth saving the pump.
  • What DON'T you like about it?.........nothing

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
What pump? We have four pumps. All sequence externals. One pumps water from the lake behind our house and is a 9600 self priming 230 volt. With head pressure it pumps at about 8400 gph. The two recirculating pumps are 5700 and 6300 gph with a total output of 9000 gph with head. The fourth is 4300 gph and powers two side waterfalls.. all can handle solids. All have the larger sequence filter baskets. I have used sequence for years and they never fail. The pumps are selected to provide a 4500 gph flow over the end waterfalls and a 2000 gph flow over the two side waterfalls. All four waterfalls are "she" waterfalls -- low drop and wide sheeting. The lake pump is 11amp at 230 volts and operates only when we fill the pond. Fills about 2000 gallons in minutes and we turn it off. The others are low power usage units. We use the 4300 only in the feeding months. In the winter we only run one recirculating pump, the 5700 to save money. The two filters are ultima 6000s with low back pressure. We use one in the winter. The system is great and we have no complaints. The pond is 8000 gallons.

Ask a Question