test kits

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
I don't have a store in my area that sells pond supplies, so I order everything online. Is it ok to use the same test strips to check ph in my pond as I use for my pool? What other things should I be checking? If I do need strips specific to my pond, where is a good place to order them?

Reaction score
Well, My PH strips for our hottub, which I'm sure are the same as the pool.

Pool/Hottub - PH range is 6.2 - 8.4 Color range is light orange to dark orange
Pond - PH range is 5.0 - 9.0 in .5 increments Color range is orange to blue (with yellow and green in between).

I wouldn't see why the pond ones wouldn't work, UNLESS the PH is outside the range of the strips.

This is what I purchased: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=5367

Complete system for testing both tap and pond water. Contains four essential tests to protect fish from dangerous water conditions. Tests include: pH, ammonia, nitrite, and phosphate. Each kit contains an instruction book, improved color cards for easier reading of test results, four test tubes and a holding tray.

Reaction score
I bought the Pondcare kit for our pond and I've been extremely happy with it. In the past we used pond test strips and I found after about 3 used I ruined the color coded guides on the back of the bottle lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
API test kits work well for me. I use them on my pond and saltwater tank. Very accurate if ussed as directed.

Ask a Question