Tested my pond what do you think?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I finally got a testing kit for my pond and these were the results? What do you guys think? Anything I should be doing? Uploaded a pic of my results and what my pond currently looks like.

Attachments

• IMG_9247.JPG
    IMG_9247.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_9249.JPG
    IMG_9249.JPG
    269.6 KB · Views: 198
Reaction score
Looks fine. I like to see ammonia tested, but your pond is a bit green so pretty safe bet ammonia is zero.

If you wanted to increase KH with baking soda it wouldn't hurt any. Keeping KH up means pH is stable and doesn't have to be tested. If you want to read more you can Google "pH buffering baking soda pond" and there are lots of sources covering the subject.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I tested my ammonia and it was 0 :) I forgot to add the pic of that since it was on a separate testing strip :) I'll look into the kh buffering. Would that bring my ph down some or should I not be concerned with where my ph is at?

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello
Those test strips are inaccurate.

And it is so hard to tell via color on a picture.

As for the ph I would do a water change wait a day or so and test ph again and see if it comes down some.
Of course this will not change anything or help if your tap water or well water has a high ph.
If that is the case then buffering is the next step.

Also test for phosphates that Algea is eating something.

Ruben

Reaction score
I tested my ammonia and it was 0 :) I forgot to add the pic of that since it was on a separate testing strip :) I'll look into the kh buffering. Would that bring my ph down some or should I not be concerned with where my ph is at?
Buffering with baking soda should make pH about 8.3 or so. Since you appear to be in that range and have no ammonia (algae test rarely fails) you'd be OK to add baking soda. The important thing is it makes pH stable. There not generally any reason to try and force pH low.

Ask a Question