TetraPond BioActive Pressure Filter

Reaction score
I was planning to use this filter on my pond as well as a 150 gal. stock tank filter. That was until I found something on Foster and Smith Aquatics. It says expect about a 45% reduction in the water flow through the filter. Now I know pressure filters reduce flow but I didn’t think that much. Does that mean from my 2500gph pump I will only get 1600gph? And that’s before the tubing and falls height. Anyone else have this filter and can give me more their advice or experiences. Maybe a little hope as well. Lol

http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=20057
Check under the more information tab for where I found the 45% reduction info.

thanks

Reaction score
I was looking at that filter as well but it uses foam filters that don’t really back flush so you have to take it apart to clean it. I mean what the point of back flush if it doesn’t work. But that’s just what I have heard from others on here. And yea froster and smith is overpriced. I wasn’t going to buy anything there. I just look at many sites for different info and reviews on all the parts I'm going to buy.

Ask a Question