The best thing

Reaction score
What is the best thing about having a pond to you? I like the fact that it attracts wildlife. I got SO excited when I first spotted a toad.

Reaction score
I too love the fact that my pond attractes wildlife. I have quite a few frogs now, and even had a 'bumper crop' of tadpoles this year. I have a grey heron that visits semi regularly - luckily has not eaten any of my fish yet! I have spotted deer and racoons drinking from it as well - and a stray dog :)

Reaction score
I love the dragonflies my pond attracts. One would sit on a mesquite tree branch and hang out. I always feel those big dragonfly eyes watching me as I sit by the pond.

Reaction score
We live in the woods anyway, so we get all kinds of treats. We've had a couple of young river otters down at the far pond, a great blue heron in the back, and so many frogs that it is deafening at night. The best thing about attracting tree frogs is they find their way to our windows at night so the kids get to sit and watch them hunt bugs. That's cool!

Reaction score
Ponds can attract so much wildlife, which is great, so long as they don't eat your fish. It would be so relaxing to sit by a pond and just watch the fish, listen to the waterfall and watch the butterflies, dragonflies and wildlife stroll, or flutter, slowly by.

Reaction score
Wow! River otters yet!
I too love dragonflies. I alway liked laying on my back on the grass and watching them zip a few inches over my head on their search for lunch. Tree frogs on the windows sounds great too.

Reaction score
You know, I hadn't even thought about ponds attracting types of wildlife, I was only thinking of the fish. I can't wait until I'm able to start a pond. Right now I have a house on stilts with little room for one and I'm planning on moving soon. :)

Reaction score
I'm not sure what type of toad it was :) but it was cute! And dragonflies have been around too. And one hedgehog that unfortunatley drowned :)

Reaction score
I love watching the birds take their baths each morning. But the best thing is being able to sit on my bench next to the pond each night and just RELAX.

Reaction score
It does sound very relaxing to just sit and watch the dragon flies and other wildlife go by. I envy you...soon, very soon, I too will have my pond! My neighbour has a pond with one lonely koi in it. Their pond is super scummy though and not very attractive.

Ask a Question