The Big one

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
The footage of the lava flowing into the water was taken at Kilauea, a few miles from where I used to live. We used to hike out to it a few times a year. It's pretty fascinating stuff.
And I was living in Washington State when Mt. St. Helens blew up. I remember having to cover our vehicles with tarps so the ash wouldn't eat through the paint.

Aaron S

K5ATG
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
The footage of the lava flowing into the water was taken at Kilauea, a few miles from where I used to live. We used to hike out to it a few times a year. It's pretty fascinating stuff.
And I was living in Washington State when Mt. St. Helens blew up. I remember having to cover our vehicles with tarps so the ash wouldn't eat through the paint.
So what you are saying is that the world tends to explode where ever you live?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@tbendl hey where did you live in Wa? I remember that day well when the mountain blew. I thought our son tipped over his dresser drawers in the room next to us!

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We lived outside of Seattle. I remember the second time it blew up was on my birthday and boy was I MAD! No outside party... lol
The irony is we moved shortly after because of the volcano and years later I landed in Hawaii living on the side of another active one... Some people never learn. :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We were living in Everett then not far from Seattle.
I grew up in Seattle and so did hubby. We were Seattle Center hippy children

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
That name sounds familiar, I'll have to ask mom what the name of the town is we were living in. It would be awesome if it was Everett. In fact I'm going to send her an email right now asking.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You were just a kid back then and we had kids of our own. Hey maybe you were the brats in our neighborhood :LOL:

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I do remember getting in a ton of trouble for trying to drag tires onto the railroad tracks that were close to the house. We started with pennies and just kept trying to bigger.
Wow was I grounded.
Yeah I was a sweet innocent girl. :dummy::shame:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Railroad tracks eh? We didn't have any of those close to us but sounds like fun w/ the tires and all till you got grounded. No wonder those commuter trains keep derailing down there by the water on Puget Sound. They said it was mudslides but I wonder now?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I just considered it drama for the day and moved on to the next newsflash. There is something in every area that can kill you one way or another.
You can run but you cannot hide

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ok so you were way down towards our state capital of Olympia then. I'm way up north of there. I think we are stuck here cuz our kids all live here and the weather is so mild most of the time. If we want warmth we can head south for a few months and come home when we feel like it.

Ask a Question