The ever evolving koi pond. Does the tinkering ever end

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Just make damn sure you place them below the ice line for winter in your area and considering your having 114 degrees today which is way outside your normal you might want to go a bit deeper then your usual winter temps to. Hell you folks out in portland are a frikin mess

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I cheaped out on the pond lights got mine from some online place a year or so ago that was discontinuing them selling them for like $5 a piece normally like $35 or something like that.. Figure if I get a couple years out of them, it’s all good.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I would have gone for what did you have to loose.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Here's a (non) pro tip - wherever you place your lights, make them easy to get back out again. You WILL be replacing them. We worked our cords right into the rock work... those suckers will have to be cut out if we want them gone. I've seen (actual) pros use conduit for their lighting installs - not really sure how that works though.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The working of conduit is to use a snake and pull through your wires. Or a pulling rope . Same principle replacing the lights tie a pulling rope onto the end of the wire and pull out the wire thus pulling in the rope. Tie or tape the new wire /light to the rope and pull it back through the conduit wala new lights no fight with the wires

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I didn't put conduit of any kind in my pond i didn't need to as with my big boulders its easy to work the wire behind them and easy to pull them in or out. But small rock can jeopardize the whole wall if you have a bunch of rock stacked on one another.

Ask a Question