j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Al is a pretty fellow. I have a couple lilies that budded up real nice but w/ the colder temps there is not much hope of them opening.........so sad!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We frosted hard last night, might be the end to the lilies, I had 8 some buds above water waiting to open

Nice lily there

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Love that Al lily, Advisus, especially with the dragonfly atop it! My lilies continue to bloom, but I know there has been a frost. That's probably why they are not blooming as beautifully as before, just kind of halfway. I have 3 buds under water on the King of Siam I got a month ago, but they don't look encouraged to make it to the surface. At least the koi have left these alone. The plant is growing well and sending out new leaves still, so it will be good for next spring. Can't wait!
BTW, Andy, my the Miami Rose I got from you quit blooming, but is growing very well! I like the smaller leaves and less space it takes up, too. Looking forward to many blooms again next summer.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I am hoping for no frost here until the middle of November but think it may come early this year .So far so good .I have to buy some crpe myrtles for my side yard as neighbor moves over onto my property and she keeps her blades down so low she scalps the lawn and i just put grass seed there and it was coming up nice and then she mowed yesterday and I told her 2 times about it yesterday and she still did it and now the pretty grass that was coming up is mostly gone and even some spots she ripped it out of the ground .She has an old ride on mower that does not have the self adjusting wheels and every dip and rise got scalped .I just mowed there the day before and had my blade set at 5 .So I will run a string down the property line and plant crepe myrtles since they grow fast .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You know what they say sissy.............Fences make great neighbors!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Miami Rose may well be a fair weather waterlily, or, it is doing it's famous trick for being prolific at making new tubers and switches to that mode. Which reminds me to check those trop lilies that have quit blooming for spares.

Meanwhile, St. Louis Gold is deciding to put up its biggest blooms of the year

Regards, andy
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21940871@N06/
http://swglist.wordpress.com/

St_Louis_Gold.jpg

Ask a Question