j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That gopro camera really does a nice job of it all EH and looks like your pond has lot of plant life growing on the bottom. Do you ever have to clean the bottom and how do you do it if you do?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Koiguy I would only watch that movie if it came to tv or internet and if it was rated 2 stars or better. I hate those 1 star horror movies as they are all the same. Teens traipsing about getting killed by something and then only 1 or 2 good ones survive :biggrinangelA:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I watched one the other night called Excision........................not for the squeamish :eek:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks Becky and EV will check into a harness and mounting stuff. She is so tiny hope they make a harness that small.

We got my honey a race car ride need to figure out a way to mount the camera so he can record the drive. 3 laps in ferrari. The case has a mount attached like a little arm with a rubber tab.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
1517523_10152239425045337_388765939_n.jpg

Reaction score
j.w said:
That gopro camera really does a nice job of it all EH and looks like your pond has lot of plant life growing on the bottom. Do you ever have to clean the bottom and how do you do it if you do?
I do a spring cleaning every year with a shopvac. It is not the easiest shape to clean. Next pond I wont go quite as deep either.

Reaction score
Big Lou said:
EV, it would be helpful to me if you elaborate on how you clean your pond with a shop vac.

Thanks,
Lou
I have a wet dry vac with a few extra hose pieces. Most vacs come with a few solid extension pieces and a flexible hose. I have a extra hose and extra solid pieces. In the spring I drop the water level and net out any big debris from the bottom. Then I vac out the bottom of the pond to remove a bunch of the muck. I need to dump the vac many times but it gets a lot of it. I do not come close to removing all of it but I do a blind run of the bottom. I figure too much muck is not good and same with too little. When I am done I top up the pond and that is my water change.

Last winter I was posting designs for a homemade pond vac. I had lots of advice from Waterbug but in the end it was a failure, as he predicted. I still need to find some time to post my results on that thread.

Ask a Question