The Kids like to eat

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Your koi are beautiful ! Your babies are very pretty, mine are mostly homely.

Today I got in the pond and trimmed my lilies, swapped out aerators...putting in the smaller one for winter and netted the pond. I didn't want to do it this early, but we have some commitments later this month and didn't want to chance cold weather.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Your koi are beautiful ! Your babies are very pretty, mine are mostly homely.

Today I got in the pond and trimmed my lilies, swapped out aerators...putting in the smaller one for winter and netted the pond. I didn't want to do it this early, but we have some commitments later this month and didn't want to chance cold weather.
I really haven't done anything yet it was 89 today. I think I am going to turn my aerator off for the winter, won't do anything with plants till it frost and that's still a month away. Yea the babies turned out pretty good, I have eight more given away, but I told the lady I would keep them until spring. Unfortunately instead of one egg laying female I am going to have three next spring...... Uggh

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
We also got the 16 ft. boards in place over the pond, so it'll be easy to cover it with the solar cover for winter, when the time comes.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@Jimmy Gibson I can never get tired of watching koi videos, and youtube tends to bring up the same few I've already watch several time, so thank you for sharing your video, I wish more members would do so!
beautiful fish!

My fish don't do good with pellets! Maybe the water moves too fast in my pond, cause they chase and chase those pellets, but can only get very few and most end up in the skimmer, so I feed them sticks and no food is wasted

@Tula you must have a thing for the "not so cute" being that of all koi you prefer Chagoi...I bet your koi are awesome!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
@Jimmy Gibson I can never get tired of watching koi videos, and youtube tends to bring up the same few I've already watch several time, so thank you for sharing your video, I wish more members would do so!
beautiful fish!

My fish don't do good with pellets! Maybe the water moves too fast in my pond, cause they chase and chase those pellets, but can only get very few and most end up in the skimmer, so I feed them sticks and no food is wasted

@Tula you must have a thing for the "not so cute" being that of all koi you prefer Chagoi...I bet your koi are awesome!

There is just something I've always loved about the chagoi. I've only purchased one koi from a breeder and it's Cha Cha...the chagoi :) She is a root beer colored ginrin...I love looking at her creamy throat when she comes up to feed. She's also begun developing fukurin this year :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
E7E71611-F5D3-4477-926C-E2218A2D077F.jpeg
DE125DDB-6671-43B5-BEC0-E27293F27697.jpeg
beautiful fish!

Before I turned my aerator on my feed would go straight to the skimmer..... But with the with the aerator running none goes in, but I did build this to put in the skimmer while the fish were feeding and it keeps the feed out

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
There is just something I've always loved about the chagoi. I've only purchased one koi from a breeder and it's Cha Cha...the chagoi :) She is a root beer colored ginrin...I love looking at her creamy throat when she comes up to feed. She's also begun developing fukurin this year :)
Are Chagoi really as tame by nature as they are described? What are "fukurin"?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
40175d1417711416-fukurin-fukurin-discontinuities.jpg
I took this picture from online and it's a close up example of fukurin. It's hard for me to explain, but kind of like a "netting" that forms on mature koi and is easily seen on the chagoi.

Ask a Question