The latest storm in the northeast

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
The pond made it thru the storm (good thing for the generator), but not so good for a few trees. One of the driveways was blocked. Here are a few pics of trees in the back yard. We just got power back yesterday. Still a lot more cleanup to go. We have lived here for 15 years and this was the worst tree damage we have had. Not just us, many homes in the area.

IMG_3189.JPG

IMG_3190.JPG

IMG_3191.JPG

This area is normally wide open to go to the mature dumping area, could not even just walk thru it. My bobcat trailer is in the lower left, hard to see. It is not damaged at all but I can't get it out of the area at the moment.
IMG_3192.JPG

There is a fence around the entire perimeter for the horses, hard to even see any of the fence
IMG_3193.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Oh my gosh, holy cow! I have been wondering how things look up north of us. Hope things get back to normal soon, sorry about all those trees. Thanks for showing us your part of the storm. Take care.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Downed trees mean fire wood, new growth, and lots of work. You may be surprised at just what makes it through ok. I’ve seen trees bent over under ice, and once it melted, the healthy ones were back to normal, and the trees that were down were from sick trees.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Wow. I had some arborvitae that got damaged with the wet snow and ice, but nothing like what you experienced. Hope you did't lose too many trees,

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Wow, thank heavens for your generator. My daughter lives in NJ and the estimate for her power to be restored is 3-14-18 :eek:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Beautiful white stuff but that heavy wet snow is a mean one! Hope your trees perk up soon. We don't get a lot of snow here usually but when that heavy stuff falls I am running around out there w/a broom trying to help as many trees, bushes as possible from bending till they break.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I can't imagine being out of power until the 14th @Tula . I hope your daughter is keeping warm.
I am imagining you outside with your broom @j.w . It made me smile. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Here we go again ! i'm trying to get my pond underway and mother nature keeps throwing the white stuff at me. Another nor easter coming tomorrow night

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So what you're saying is that I should probably not mention is 72 here?

:D
We hibernate in the winter but we get occasional nice days in the 40's maybe 60's . IN Texas you call a 110 hazy hot n humid one of those occasional nice days not my cup of tea.

Ask a Question