Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
It never seems to end, the lengths people will go to try and get what they wan't even though they know they don't deserve or are not supposed to have it... What am I barking about this time you ask ? Well people who lie on an application to get a box turtle of all things without realizing that just maybe, a guy who goes to as much trouble as I have to house, care for and protect the guys just might check out ? your information. A man and woman said they had a indoor area in a greenhouse that had all the amenities for boxies and since they only live about 2 miles off my normal commute I decided to go by and look at it on my way home. Their grrenhouse/turtle hotel was actually an outdoor plywood pin that looked like something you would use for rabbits and their excuse ? "Oh we are going to be building that very soon that's why we put it on the app". So to be fair handed I told them "I would be happy to revisit and reconsider as soon as they have all those elements built and running on their property" My better judgement tells me I probably wont be hearing from them anytime soon. Now don't get me wrong, I really believe they like turtles and really wanted one as a pet but, my obligation is to the turtles well being and not to peoples hopes and dreams and I hope that does not sound cold but it is what it is.

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
It never seems to end, the lengths people will go to try and get what they wan't even though they know they don't deserve or are not supposed to have it... What am I barking about this time you ask ? Well people who lie on an application to get a box turtle of all things without realizing that just maybe, a guy who goes to as much trouble as I have to house, care for and protect the guys just might check out ? your information. A man and woman said they had a indoor area in a greenhouse that had all the amenities for boxies and since they only live about 2 miles off my normal commute I decided to go by and look at it on my way home. Their grrenhouse/turtle hotel was actually an outdoor plywood pin that looked like something you would use for rabbits and their excuse ? "Oh we are going to be building that very soon that's why we put it on the app". So to be fair handed I told them "I would be happy to revisit and reconsider as soon as they have all those elements built and running on their property" My better judgement tells me I probably wont be hearing from them anytime soon. Now don't get me wrong, I really believe they like turtles and really wanted one as a pet but, my obligation is to the turtles well being and not to peoples hopes and dreams and I hope that does not sound cold but it is what it is.
I remember you telling about the green house. I thought that would be great for a turtle too hang around in. Too bad about that and too bad about people living in fantasy land.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I remember you telling about the green house. I thought that would be great for a turtle too hang around in. Too bad about that and too bad about people living in fantasy land.
A greenhouse is a great place for a box turtle but unfortunately these people did not really have one. Maybe they got the idea from my box turtle habitat but either way I would be happy if they actully do build one.

Ask a Question