j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
The pond is definitely more important than housecleaning.....................well just about anything is in my opinion (y)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well smack me in the mouth.......................you are right addy. How could I even put "just about" in that sentence above.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You are adding more and more nice plants to fill in your pond area. Love the socks w/ the plants growing in them. Really looks nice!

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Thanks j.w I am amazed at how much the plants add to the pond. Getting itchy for spring already so I can start growing more stuff. I could never grow flowers or plants in Hawaii. You can't dig in the earth and I just never made the time for it. I'm really loving having an outside hobby that allows me to play with water and plants at the same time. I have so many projects planned.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
And I am so darn proud. :happy: I come to work and I see you and RobAmy and Pecan ponds and I get all jealous and then I go home and realize it doesn't matter, I have my own little piece of heaven, and while different it's still good... It's all peaceful and happy there.
Although I keep teasing the hubby now. We were watching the pond stars build with the healing pond and now I tell the hubby all the time about the positive ions. Makes him crazy but it's true.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol tb, your pond is beautiful, don't be jealous. I love the way yours looks

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
TB I can not recall which thread was about the parrots feather, here is the red stem and the green stem.

The red stem is the first two pictures, you can see the size of the feathers by the size of the bee. It is starting to struggle with the cold we have been getting
There are a few pieces of the green stem, you can see the bigger feathers. I leave the algae (deck pond real slow water movement and on a timer from the big pond) the bees love it to drink from.

DSC07470.JPG
DSC07469.JPG

This is a stream pond, it is full of aracharnis and now the parrots feather has started going crazy. I will do nothing to it for the winter, it will sit in the ice all pretty and green, as the ice melts it starts to look dead and gross and then comes back as the temps warm up.

DSC07462.JPG

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Wow it is so pretty. The parrots feather is the hubby's favorite water plant. I wish I could do teeny tiny Christmas decorations on them since they look like tiny trees. The store I bought my WH and WL from this year charges $2 per.. For PF, WH and WL. I am going to invest in a bunch next spring and hope the PF lives through the winter so in the future all I'll have to replace is the WH and WL.
The only issue I am now having is the (I think it's a pine tree) that is dropping it's leaves and they get mixed in with the PF and I have trouble separating them. Oh the joy's. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Wow it is so pretty. The parrots feather is the hubby's favorite water plant. I wish I could do teeny tiny Christmas decorations on them since they look like tiny trees. The store I bought my WH and WL from this year charges $2 per.. For PF, WH and WL. I am going to invest in a bunch next spring and hope the PF lives through the winter so in the future all I'll have to replace is the WH and WL.
The only issue I am now having is the (I think it's a pine tree) that is dropping it's leaves and they get mixed in with the PF and I have trouble separating them. Oh the joy's. :)

Well, if it is indeed a PINE tree, then it has needles, not leaves. But that would make sense that they look like the parrot's feather. And if the water lettuce and hyacinths do well in your pond, I would recommend NOT buying a bunch - they multiply like gangbusters if they are happy in your pond. We started with one in our pondless waterfall and we now have about 40 or 50. Alas, no blooms, but lots of luscious green leaves!

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Well you can send me your extras next year. :woot: I hope they multiply, my WH didn't and my WL died back and then had little babies but I didn't have a full year with them so I'll have to see what happens next year. I am going to need the shade though since the pond is in full sun during the summer.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You have done such a great job, from your mud hole

Ask a Question