j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ha Ha addy, mudhole it was but yes it turned out so pretty T and what a nice photo shot that is :)

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Thank you so much everyone for the kind comments. The lights were on sale at Wal-mart for the 1.27 and like 3.50 I think so I bought a few of them. We had company in from Kwakalein, Georgia, and Texas and 2 of the 3 of them take amazing photo's. I should have more up later after they send me them. We had a great weekend by the pond and ate way too much food. It was marvelous.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They will be asking tbendl to come and build their pond for them.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I would go to Kwaj, but not Texas or Georgia, they have the same miserably hot summers that we do. I would go and "supervise" the build though. I'm a good friend like that.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
So update to my new pump. :grumpy: And as per usual it's story time...
The day was cloudy and held the promise of rain but I had visions of sheets of water cascading down my waterfall. It was cold but I pulled on my big girl panties and clambered in the pond. I had the sweet set up. I was going from a 700 gph to a 2400 gph with a Y connector so I could circulate the water off one Y, and increase the water coming off my waterfall. Got the pump set up and by now it has started to rain but does that dampen my enthusiasm... Not one bit! I hop out of the pond, plug it in and wait for the magical sound of water from my waterfall......
Nothing.
....... I can see the water circulating but nothing, not even a dripping from my waterfall.
There may have been tears but it was raining and frankly, there's no crying when you're wearing your big girl panties.
I am pretty sure it is due to the small diameter of the hose and the PVC that I used that provided too much restriction to overcome. I now have the pump strictly hooked up to the bog, there is a slight increase in water flow but nothing to brag about. I actually added a water hose to the bog and to at least get a visual of additional flow over the waterfall and frankly it was a little louder than I liked. Sooo I now have a larger pump that does the same thing my smaller pump did BUT it will handle solids and I won't have to clean it out as often.
For those of you that may be Monty Python fans, this was the when I started singing "Always look on the bright side of life".

Yep, me in my underwear standing in the rain singing. I'm thinking it was stellar day.
Happy Ponding all.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh my you sure can paint a pretty picture in ones mind of you out there trying so hard to get things done. So you are using the pump now for your bog and not the falls?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
go buy sump pump hose and clamps as that size pump needs a 1 inch or bigger hose as that sized hose will burn out your new pump

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Crap seriously?? Well that is going to be a problem then since all my PVC is 3/4". I guess I have to go back to the old pump then. :cry:
Thanks for the info. Dagnabit though.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I was just going to ask what size of pipe................ as i read down the post

I always put in two inch pipes, so put on your big girl panties and run bigger pipes..............

Read about head pressure, that is what you are fighting.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
That's the term I was searching for. I thought about it but I really don't want to have to pull my bog apart if I can at all avoid it. I was going to ask if the 3/4 hose really would burn out my pump since it comes with an attachment that drops it down to 3/4'. Is there somewhere on the box or instructions it will tell me what the minimum tubing is? I don't want to burn my new pump.

Ask a Question