The little hole that could...

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
My waterfall is fed from my bog. So my pump goes through a hose to the PVC in the bog that then overflows via my waterfall back into the pond. I don't know how I would split the 2. Thanks for the drip hose costs, those are what Addy was talking about that she uses for her aerator.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Get yourself a drip hose, from home depot, lowes, 9 bucks, hook your aerator to it, if it is powerful enough. Makes a great curtain of bubbles.

this is from my frederick pond thread, you can see the bubbles from the drip hose.

upload_2015-4-14_9-31-9-jpeg.79891
I like that idea of using a drip hose to make all those teensy fine bubbles!

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
tbendl updated The little hole that could...

So like so many others I inherited a big ole hole in my yard when I bought my house.
43009-4b8cd0ca40a28eb1f3cf933c984e8f31.jpg

3 feet deep with 2 feet of sand and muck and all kinds of crap in it. Build a pond someone said, (probably me but I don't want to point fingers).
So I started digging. Broke an ankle the first year pulling muck out. Tried using a little garden wagon then a rubbish can to haul the sand and dirt and muck out, that didn't work. Finally bought a wheelbarrow! Woohoo I was on my way.
Dug out the sides of the pond, had a near death experience with a snake showing me the huge gaping whole in my liner. Still the thrill of having a pond lingered with the thought of bubbling water and cold beer so I persevered.
Then came the day... I was almost done. Hole was dug, liner was in. Water was a flowin'.
I was ready for the cold bever.... Wait, s&@$ I have to edge the pond and I want a water feature, and how in the hell do I filter this mass of water.
Off to Lowe's for pallet after pallet of rock and edging and stone. Almost done!
Sh$&@ I need a big stack of rocks for my waterfall... Back to Lowe's for, you guessed it, rock. Concrete rock, pea gravel oh and don't forget the big waterfall rock I need... Which Lowe's doesn't carry
Sh$&& now I need plants.... Which Lowe's doesn't carry.
Found a pond store,
Got a lily and some plants planted. Oh until the
Lily decided to float and I was attacked by a vicious mutant frog.
Still no cold beverage but I've moved on to Valium and therapy.
Build a pond they said... I hate they.
And I still wish I had a cold beverage.
Truthfully this has been enjoyable giving up my sanity to this big ole hole in the ground.
I wish someone had said knit a sweater instead.
To all of you who have done this, hats off to you!

View updates to this showcase item...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Wow, your yard is beautiful! Great idea on the drip hose as an aerator. I bought a Hako air pump last year and that's how it delivers the air - looks just like a drip hose....very fine bubbles :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Looking great. I really like your border rocks! Wouldn't mind doing something like those along our sidewalk.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Beautiful :) I still like your edging. I cant really do it like that, my edges are not the same level :(

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Nepen, neither are mine, That edging just makes it look level, it drops about 6" on the far side.
And thanks! I am so tickled with the clear water.

Ask a Question