addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My honey never feeds the fish. The pond yard and fish are mine to deal with.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Well the weird thing is he's been hands off until I went to Indiana. I think he knows how stressed I am with classes and daughter and grandma and is trying to help. I also think in helping he is now kinda into it. I'm not sure yet if that's a good thing or not... :LOL: Oh well, we will have the fish food conversation again, now that I'm armed and dangerous... :woot:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lol give him big credits for helping, at least trying to.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
So I have learned a few things.
Don't use a cheap liner. Yeah whatever you all warned me but I DO WHAT I WANT. Except when I have to put in a new liner.
Don't use small pipes. Yeah whatever you all warned me about that too. I am now in the process of digging up my bog and replacing the plumbing because REASONS, (none of which are good).
Don't neglect your pond. My bog and lilies are out of control since I have been MIA with renovations and just a crap ton of other stuff.
FYI the bog is now mostly empty. And by mostly I mean maybe half but I'm tired and it's hot and so whatever, it's a process.
Oh and the last thing I learned
Listen to the advice that you get on the garden pond forum.
*sigh

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Welcome back! So, what size pipe did you use for the bog -- hoping mine is big enough (1-1/2")...... I have that plant, Ginger Lily, is what I call it -- didn't think about using it as a bog plant, but it can be invasive just in the yard. Bogs can go wild Ina heartbeat! How are your fish?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Your lily should meet my irises. I spent hours digging ONE CLUMP out two years ago - never again. Now they get divided HARD every year. I already pulled a bunch up in June when they started looking at me funny!

Ask a Question