The little hole that could...

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@tbendl Job well done on the house and you will thank yourself in the end cuz of all that money you saved! Us ponders are thrifty :sneaky:
Your new kitty is sweet and is this where I am supposed to ask what her name means? Or should I look it up......................I looked it up cuz I am impatient to the hilt. Found out it means: esteemed to be loved..........very fitting :love:
Ahhhh, that's sweet about her name! When we unexpectedly lost a cat a few years back, his bonded buddy was so distraught that we had to get another kitten for him (yeah, right). The new kitty we named "Koda," and later found out that it means "friend." How appropriate!

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Thank you j.w I had no idea what her name meant. We were just looking for something different for this sweet tiny kitten. She was pretty injured when she showed up at my house and we really didn't want another cat since Calvin is probably 12 and pretty set in his ways. My vet estimates that Esme is about 9 month old and she is full of energy and mischief and she so wants to play with Calvin but he is not that excited. It's been a long process trying to get the 2 to play nicely.
Oh well, what can you do? When you get adopted you just have to roll with it.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is called the ripple effect...............throw that stone in the pond and those ripples go everywhere!
You threw a stone in your house, yanking carpet, and the ripples started.

And it looks wonderful!

Cute kitty too! Glad you saved her.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
It is called the ripple effect...............throw that stone in the pond and those ripples go everywhere!
You threw a stone in your house, yanking carpet, and the ripples started.

And it looks wonderful!

Cute kitty too! Glad you saved her.
Yeah the hubs wasn't too happy at first but he has come around. I need to quit throwing stones though!!
Maybe start throwing cocktail napkins instead and see what happens???

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Esme is adorable....so wonderful you saved her! Your home, looks beautiful.....you are a busy lady :)

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Esme is adorable....so wonderful you saved her! Your home, looks beautiful.....you are a busy lady :)
Thank you so much Tula. I tried my darndest not to adopt her. I called animal control and the police and the pound and my vet friend before I got involved. I know once I touched her she would be mine. Lol
And I am very happy with how the house came out. The carpets were way overdue and I was pretty disgusted by what they looked like when I pulled them up, (the previous owner had 4 or 5 cats that she didn't take care of very well so you can imagine). Anyway I installed tile throughout and couldn't be happier!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I HATE carpet, we have it in our bedrooms, dear honey says he does not want his tender little feet hitting the cold floor in the am.................geez men!

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I HATE carpet, we have it in our bedrooms, dear honey says he does not want his tender little feet hitting the cold floor in the am.................geez men!
LOL Ok I did keep it in the bedrooms because I feel the same way. I will be replacing that next year. Hahahahahaha

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Me too on wanting no carpet but have to wait till this stuff starts looking bad before I replace it or move. This stuff still looks new after 15 yrs!
Think moving might be cheaper but then there is that saving money brain that gets us into trouble at times doesn't it @tbendl

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Me too on wanting no carpet but have to wait till this stuff starts looking bad before I replace it or move. This stuff still looks new after 15 yrs!
Think moving might be cheaper but then there is that saving money brain that gets us into trouble at times doesn't it @tbendl
Hahaha that's what my hubby finally was saying.. :Hey you know what would be cheaper.. if we moved"... LOL
I would like to replace 2 of the rooms with new carpeting and put tile in my library. The carpet that is in the house was abused by the old owner of my house. When I replace it, I expect it to last until I'm dead. :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
You clearly have enough energy for about 7 people. Please bottle it and send me some!
LOL
Everything looks very nice! Crazy plant! Sweet kitty!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Gorgeous! All of it! I have to confess I work the same way - all or nothing and both feet in at once. Sometimes it even works!
Me too! Do it once do it all be done! Well then you go back and do fixes..................changes..........etc

Ask a Question