The loneliest fish

Reaction score
Country
Canada
image.jpeg

I'm new to the forum. Anyway here's a pic of a little unidentified fish I caught at my local river.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group! Cute little fish it needs a buddy!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I know that you are rightly proud of the fish you have caught and so would I have been many moons ago however a word of warning to you please check what species of fish this is ?
Why well for a great number of reasons really ?
Do not put in any fish until you do because if this little guy grows big then any fish that you add to the pond would end up as breakfast dinner tea and supper to it
Also for future reference you may find it is illegal to fish without a permit or to remove any species of fish from the river and you could well end up with a fine for doing so....
Also never return a wild species of fish back to the wild as you may well be opening up its own and other specias to diseases,bacteria or viruses they have never encountered before causing a devastating cascade of fish life

Dave

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I know that you are rightly proud of the fish you have caught and so would I have been many moons ago however a word of warning to you please check what species of fish this is ?
Why well for a great number of reasons really ?
Do not put in any fish until you do because if this little guy grows big then any fish that you add to the pond would end up as breakfast dinner tea and supper to it
Also for future reference you may find it is illegal to fish without a permit or to remove any species of fish from the river and you could well end up with a fine for doing so....
Also never return a wild species of fish back to the wild as you may well be opening up its own and other specias to diseases,bacteria or viruses they have never encountered before causing a devastating cascade of fish life

Dave

Thanks for the concern but I know with 100% certainty that this guy won't grow huge. Also where I live you are legally aloud to capture baitfish which this guy is. Disease wouldn't be too much of a problem either since I've kept wild caught fish with my goldfish and feeder minnows for about three years. Just thought I'd clarify.

Ask a Question