The new kids

Reaction score
Got these guys last week for my birthday from my husband. They were imported from Japan.
Anyone know what they are? I am just learning all of the names and types.:profile:

Attachments

• HPIM2504.JPG
    HPIM2504.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 422
Reaction score
The top one is an Ogon and the bottom looks like a Hariwake. Neither are Doistsu--as those have a line of darker scales running down the back, and neither of these fish have that.

Enjoy them.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Ogon is Japanese for "solid color" It has both Yamabuki and Platinum features so it cannot by definition be an Ogon.

Reaction score
Isn't it all one solid color or is that my monitor acting funny? It looks all creamy to me...LOL!

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
There are Platinum Ogons, Yamabuki Ogons, Orengi Ogons, Gin Orengie Ogons and so on, but there are no koi known as just Ogon. This fish had a pattern of 2 distinct colors.
The quality of the photo is bad and perhaps your monitor lacks resolution to see these colors. It may fall into the "Pond Koi" category or mutt. It looked very nice just the same.
We work with what we get.:icon_smile::icon_smile:
Oh, it is indeed creamy, then it may be a Kigoi:wink:

Reaction score
I think both are mutts personally. But I have a few mutts in my pond that I adore. Nothing fancy, but loved all the same. Have to adjust the monitor....

Robyn

A Ponder-ing Newbie
Reaction score

Ask a Question