The Olympic Peninsula of Washington State

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
JW
I'm sure they are, however, when I went to Oregon and wanted to see the beach, I ran into Rangers that wanted a $10 admission to just get where you can photograph it. We drove for many miles trying to see it without going into the park. If we could have know what was on the other side of all those trees hiding it, we might have paid the ransom.
This was the lower half of the state. Needless to say, I won't be back any time soon.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thank You! You can purchase a 12-month pass for $30 for all parks.
DrDave said:
JW
I'm sure they are, however, when I went to Oregon and wanted to see the beach, I ran into Rangers that wanted a $10 admission to just get where you can photograph it. We drove for many miles trying to see it without going into the park. If we could have know what was on the other side of all those trees hiding it, we might have paid the ransom.
This was the lower half of the state. Needless to say, I won't be back any time soon.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Whenever we go to the Oregon beaches we always park our car outside the pay area and then ride our bikes in for free and you can take all the pictures you like. So there, who says you can't beat the system
celebrate.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
If you´re not camping and don´t have an annual pass, you can buy a daily parking pass. Daily passes are $5 not $10 per day, per vehicle. You can only purchase them at a park that charges a day-use parking fee. Most are dispensed from cute, little yellow machines near the park entrance or parking area, but some are sold from the park booth or office.
The daily pass is good for parking entire day at any state park (you can leave one day-use fee park and travel to another).

j.w said:
Whenever we go to the Oregon beaches we always park our car outside the pay area and then ride our bikes in for free and you can take all the pictures you like. So there, who says you can't beat the system
celebrate.gif

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
When I graduated with my masters, did a 3000 mile road trip, part was up the coast. At that time............all beaches where FREE! lol Stopped at tons of them.

Ask a Question