The rumors of my death have been greatly exagerated

Reaction score
Hello friends. I'm still alive and well in Mexico. Actually, I've been pretty busy. I'm now the Fire Chief of Paamul and we have made a lot of progress in the past two months. I bought a totally refurbish 91 bug for $3,000.00 and it's a real cherry.

bug1012_zps08261d2f.jpg

bug1013_zps3cab61fb.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We were worried about you. Thought you might have been grabbed by the Conquistadors or the Mexican drug lords. Glad to see you are alive and well and driving a bug and nice one too! We had one of those back in the early 70's.
Not a very good photo as this was taken wayyyyyyyyyyy back in the past. That's my hubby in the tent w/ his long hair.

camping w- VW.jpg

Reaction score
Congratulations on your position as fire chief! My nephew is a volunteer fireman and EMT here locally so I get to hear lots of stories from him.

And that is one sweet looking VW Bug! Very nice indeed. I just saw a bright blue bug drive down the street in front of my Mom's home Friday. It was in immaculate condition. Around this area, if you see a bug of that style it isn't from the 90's, it is a 60/70's model and there aren't many left around anymore that are in decent shape to drive (unless they have been well cared for or are in storage).

If that buggy of yours was sitting next door with a for sale sign on it, I'd be hauling ass over the fence with my checkbook and pen in hand to give $3K for it! I just have a passion for the little bugs! I think I can blame that on Walt Disney and the Herbie the Love Bug movies!

Gordy

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful little car, and glad you are on the right side of the grass!

Ask a Question