The things we do for our pets.....turtle pancakes

Discussion in 'Garden Pond Talk' started by Mmathis, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Mmathis

Mmathis TurtleMommy

Made FOR, not OF......

image.jpg

This is Alphie, taking hers off to a safe place to eat!
    image.jpg
    I used to do this [make turtle pancakes], but had forgotten about it. Now, with our ant problem back for the summer, I can't leave food out for them to eat at leisure which means I have to try to corral and hand-feed them. Not always easy since most are hidden away somewhere and it can be an effort to find them all. So, enter "turtle pancakes!" It's a mixture of all the foods I'd normally feed them, plus vitamins & mineral suppliements mixed into pancake batter! Much easier and less messy to dole out while watching them eat. And there's a mouth-full of goodness in every bite, LOL! Then easy to pick up the leavings for discard.

Just in case you're wondering, this batch is kale, carrots, red bell pepper [all chopped], store-bought boxie pellets, cod liver oil, vitamins, wheat germ, and garlic. Oh, and dried meal worms! Yummy! On this day I was only able to locate 4/7 turtles, but know that at least these ate something. Now I can track down the other 3....

Mmathis, Aug 17, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. Mmathis

bettasngoldfish Maria

Oh my goodness you are such a good turtle mommy.

And hopefully the rest of the family knows these pancakes are for the critters and not people ;)

bettasngoldfish, Aug 17, 2015
    addy1 and Mmathis like this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question