The things you find on the side of the road:-)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep just the other day I was out in the woods and lo and behold here comes one of those deformed fishes wandering through the woods on legs w/ feet. Well ya know the poor thing didn't make it but a few yards outta the water that way before the ants got his legs. He'd have flown away but he stepped on his wings and crushed them trying to get away from the darn bugs. Wouldn't have even seen it all w/ my own eyes if I'd been a second later John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Like I was explaining to John it just came walking up out of the water...............yada, yada, yada and all that stuff :eek:
Ants got it so fast there was nothing left of it just like TM mentioned in her post about the before that "predator-elimination" point :rolleyes:
I was just sooooooooooo lucky to be there :razz:

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello

J W I have no clue what on earth that is but wow it is ugly, It had to come from space it is a ALIEN right. :razz:

Ok I got the palms in and planted
Man it was a pain
Here is one shot
First shot.JPG
I have more pics but I figure I would post them on my Pond construction post.

I will say the pics don't do it justice such a dramatic change. :goldfish:

Ruben

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
But what about, say, before that "predator-elimination" point.
The only way to estimate that percentage would be to breed the species in captivity and keep track of ALL the young produced. You would have to provide a completely predator-free environment, which would mean separating the young from their parents (since many animals eat their own offspring if they sense something is 'wrong') as well as siblings that grow faster than normal, Even then, it would only give you a rough estimate, since an egg or embryo that is abnormal may well be less likely to hatch in the first place. This is just my personal take on the subject, for what it's worth.
John

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Like I was explaining to John it just came walking up out of the water...............yada, yada, yada and all that stuff :eek:
Ants got it so fast there was nothing left of it just like TM mentioned in her post about the before that "predator-elimination" point :rolleyes:
I was just sooooooooooo lucky to be there :razz:
Boy, j.w., you sure do grow some WEIRD things in your neck of the woods!! By any chance do you live next door to a nuclear plant?
John

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
she got some of the weird stuff from all the garbage floating over to our side of the world .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
she got some of the weird stuff from all the garbage floating over to our side of the world .

That's got to be it sissy................the radiated tsunami garbage is coming.
It’s a line of trash thousands of miles long, migrating quickly toward Guam, Hawaii, and the West Coast of the U.S. Junk is one concern, but health officials are wondering how much water that came in contact with the nuclear plant’s radioactive core has been washed out to sea, potentially making its way through the ocean’s food chain and remaining toxic for hundreds of years.

This guy has it all figured out :LOL:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Went for my walk today and decided to share what I and hubby found (he was biking). He found the phone and the unopened Mayo (good date still on jar,no holes,looks perfectly fine). I found the light bulb that was detached from a trailer thingy and the Milwaukee drill bit thingy. The phone has no battery and no back. He's gonna try and see if he can figure out how to make it work so he can find the owner. Looks like a decent AT&T phone. Prolly fell off someones car.........you know how you set them on the roof sometimes when you are outside and then drive away?

IMG_4489.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looks like a blackberry phone. Honey has one though work, see if you have a cord that will connect it to your computer, (usually the same type of end as a cord that goes into a camera to connect to the computer) That will power it up, at least it works for my honies.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Went for my walk today and decided to share what I and hubby found (he was biking). He found the phone and the unopened Mayo (good date still on jar,no holes,looks perfectly fine). I found the light bulb that was detached from a trailer thingy and the Milwaukee drill bit thingy. The phone has no battery and no back. He's gonna try and see if he can figure out how to make it work so he can find the owner. Looks like a decent AT&T phone. Prolly fell off someones car.........you know how you set them on the roof sometimes when you are outside and then drive away?

View attachment 49748
I can honestly say I've never set my phone on the car and driven away! Firstly, I drive a little truck, and secondly, the cord on the phone won't reach the driveway!! :LOL:
I did find something at the side of the road maybe 20 years ago... a Makita cordless drill. The old 7.2 volt type. The colour gave it away, so I backed up and sure enough, that's what it was. Bought a charger for $30. and used it for years.
John

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Last year when our Boy Scout troop was doing road-side clean up, I found a calico kitten hiding in a tuft of weeds. Couldn't keep her, but did find her a good home.

Ask a Question