j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'll say he's tough. He had a darn full life full of adventure. When you meet someone like that you never forget them. Imagine those people in that class when he got his arm caught in that trap and then just turned it into a learning experience :eek:
Lots of men now will complain if they have to take the garbage out in the rain

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I think we may have a new toughest man growing up next door to us.
At about 4:30 yesterday afternoon, the neighbourhood boy came up to see if he could plow our driveway.
He's about 10 years old.
He came with his dog.
There was about a foot of fresh snow on the ground.
It was -23C/-9F.
It's about 3/4 of a mile from his house to ours.
He walked.

I said "you WALKED?"
He acted like it was no big deal.:eek:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well did you hire him?

Thanks for sharing that is one tough man, most tough men today just use their thumbs to run a phone.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I had hired Andrew a while ago, and I told him to phone me before he started to plow. I wanted to know to keep an eye out for him in case something happened.
He walked up last night because his family didn't have our phone number.
He said when he got to our gate last night and saw it was closed he hoped he hadn't walked all that way for nothing.
It was only about 1/2 hour before darkness started setting in.
He's trying to save up money for a school sailing trip to the Gulf Islands.
He phoned again last night and said he couldn't make it because the Bobcat needed a new belt, but he would be up 1st thing today.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I hire our neighbors kids to help out with this and that. They are all great kids, home schooled, smart, polite and hard workers.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We have a teen kid around here that I could hire..................hah..............no way................I haven't seen him around lately, thank goodness, he's prolly in prison now waiting to get out so he can harass the neighborhood some more. If only he would put all that energy to good use like Mitch's kid Andrew. Trouble is this kid around here has his dad for a role model and we don't even want to talk about this guy. His wife left him cuz she couldn't take his maniacal tendencies :confused:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Nice to see Mitch so many people seem to be soft nowadays either that or Health and Safety wont allow them to hurt themselves , the kids in the UK wont even attempt school with just 1-2" of snow on the ground , if a kid falls off a swing and hits the floor they bounce (rubber matting) we never had that just concrete and we took our knocks and grazes like badges of honor way back then:LOL: .
Shoot I remember climbing through snow drifts to get to school as a boy the world is too damn soft nowadays we need more tough cookies like this old boy

Dave

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Yeah, I had to walk two miles to school all winter, and home for lunch, eight miles every day! Snow or no snow, and uphill both ways!! ;)
John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That's nothing John, I had to walk all that way through the sleet and snow too and then chop wood, milk cows and bury the dead :D

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
We had to carry the dead back and forth to school so they wouldn't miss any time! Couldn't dig a grave in the frozen ground, anyway. They usually thawed out by May, and went on with their lives. No cows in town, but we did have to wrestle polar bears from time to time. :rolleyes:
John

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Just read on another post that you hate it when you mis-spell something. I'm the same way. Maybe the German background? J.w. and HARO..... separated at birth??? I always thought mom was hiding something! :shifty:
John

Ask a Question