These Goldies are never satisfied.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I feed them a good amount every morning and after about 5 Min. they are looking for more.
[5 ] about 3" long.and about 15 new fry about 2" long.I am slowlly giving some of the fry away.
The pond has plenty of plants to munch on.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
They are piggies and try to trick you into giving them more :D
5 mins of food is all they need. Mine don't get fed except maybe once per week. Yes they will nibble on plants, algae and bugs etc.
Neat you are finding homes for the extra fish.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I toss food in now and then, they don't come running since there is so much food in the pond. They wander over and nibble.

When some eggs are laid on the plants they go crazy, a insane attack. I watch them on the cams.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
So i guess i spoiled them by feeding every day.I will try weaning them down to maybe every other day.
Thanks

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You can feed them every day if you want to but just make sure you have plenty of filtration and plants and your water stays clear. If you start getting too much green water maybe cut back on the feeding. You can also feed them less food each day or once in awhile less. Up to you.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8-b
Country
United States
This is what I see every time i go out to my pond!
images.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
We all know exactly what you mean. For the sake of my water quality I have finally learned they'll do ok with less feeding. But for me it's a struggle not to feed them when they beg :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I get it. Since my pond is new there is not much food in there yet. No algae, a few bugs here and there. My goldies ravenoulsy devour the food that I give them (sparingly). Hungry fish are certainly healthier that fat overfed fish in polluted water. Next spring I doubt that I will need to feed them at all.

Casbah

Muckraker
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My comets and shubunkins are varying age and the older, larger fish follow me around the pond all in a tizzy wanting to be fed.

The younger ones could not care less and completely ignore what's going on. They just work the rocks, plants and are as FAT as they can be.

Ask a Question