These plants just arrived. How should i plant them?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
png.116922

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@420benz Can you be a little more specific? How to plant them is going to depend on a lot of factors, including your local climate. Some of those are marginal or bog plants. Do you have either a bog and/or shallow shelves you can set a pot on? The lily, if it’s a hardy variety, can just go in a shallow container filled with kitty litter, then placed a foot or 2 deep in the pond.

I would recommend that you look up each plant and find out its specific care and planting instructions. There is a lot of info on the internet regarding water lilies — and many good YouTube videos — as well as elsewhere on this site. Just “search” for water lily care.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
As for the water Lilly i know how to plant it[.Youtube] Can i plant all of them in the pond water on a shelf? If so how deep

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
As for the water Lilly i know how to plant it[.Youtube] Can i plant all of them in the pond water on a shelf? If so how deep
Each plant will have different requirements. If you’ll do a Google search for each plant, you should be able to find that info for the individual plants. Was there any info that came with the plants? I have found that to be very generic and not too helpful, though.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Don'tw if i can plant it in the pond.

Why is that? Blue flag grows great in the margins of the pond. You can grow it either in or out of the pot. The advantage to in the pot is it's a bit easier to control... but they will burst out of the pot if you give them enough time!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Found all but the iris.Don't know if i can plant it in the pond.
Put it in kitty litter in a pot, put it in the pond with the surface of the litter just below the water.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
OK I planted the lily in the middle of the pond [18" Dp] and the leaves are under the water??

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
OK I planted the lily in the middle of the pond [18" Dp] and the leaves are under the water??
They will grow to the right depth, but the plant will most likely die back for the season (if there are leaves yet). But in the spring, they’ll grow up.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Walmart has many different kinds of Kitty Litter.What should i look for?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Unscented, non-clumping. It will be the most basic, no-frills brand (and cheapest) — just clay. I think my WallyWorld carries a different “brand” from what other stores carry, so check the label.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Since i never had a cat is this what you are talking about?

Attachments

• 12345.jpg
    12345.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 194

Ask a Question