SANY1463.jpg

SANY1464.jpg

SANY1465.jpg

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Had to mute the sound but the fish and indoor pond look great! I could watch a few minutes of them, There's some really intresting babies from this year, the more I look the more I like. I pulled out 6 fish today and found them new homes, All between 8-10" and all we bought at the first of the season.at 3"-4" By spring your going to have a indoor pond full. Your planning on keeping all the young until spring before finding homes for them?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
yep..springtime is the right time for selling my fishies.... and yeah, i should turn off the sound when i shoot the videos, when theres no commentary with it. or in fact, turn off the pumps so its quiet and the water surface is as calm as possible as well. oh well, i know these things but forget about them when i've got the camera in hand!! gettin' old, i guess...lol.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Your water is really clear and it looks like you just put that liner down no debris or anything on it. Kudos to you.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Koiguy; Are you aware that some of your babies are mutating??? I swear I can see legs on some of them! John :profile:

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
thanx Tmann...its the 4th season for the basement pond....clean and black is the way i like the liner to stay....the way i keep it that way is keeping the water moving in a mild swirl or whirlpool action all the poo-poo swirls into a neat little plie. i just scoop it out twice a day when theyre fed...once in the morning and once in the evening. i use a larger size fine mesh aquarium net... takes maybe 5 seconds! i used to use a vaccuum i made, but with the artificial plants and stones etc removed theres nothing to obstruct flow. this is easier. but i think the fish liked the more natural setting with the plants and rocks.
HARO ...hadnt noticed any mutations, except the ones that the breeding of koi over the centuries has produced. but the plastic lizards i put in there are never where i put them?!?!?!?!

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
If your thinking about it one day take a video without the pump running, You have a zoom? I'd love to see them as a full group but also some close up's, maybe start videoing and then feed and get them to come up.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
okiee... sorry to hear you had to change your undies just cause you looked at my pics. lol and thank you!
Fishin'....will do!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
for underwater video... one guy on a facebook ponders page put his camera in a pickle jar with good results. tested the seal of the jar first by putting tissues in it and submerging it... i will try this out.

Ask a Question