Thin Algaes are giving me hard time

Reaction score
I have now 8 feet thin algaes in my 14 feeet diam pond. Outside temperature is around 70 degrees. When silghtly hotter, to portion becomes dense. I suspect it also affects my PH level. Should these be completely removed or just cut and contained. I suspect they may be needed in the water. I am new at this so your insight is appreciated.

Al

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have had the same problem with string due to to many fish, I will improve this condition when my new pond is finished. In the meantime I use Baqucil swimming pool oxidiser at the rate of 1 cup mixed in a 5 gal bucket per 2000 gallons. I aerate my pond will doing this. I do it every other day for 4 treatments. Works for me.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
8 foot long algae? That is longer than any I have heard of before. Are you sure it is algae?
This time of year, string algae has pretty much run its course and only found in trace amounts. At least in So Cal that is what I have experienced.

Ask a Question