This is disturbing for security concerns.

Reaction score
I do believe you misunderstood me. I see no need for a machine gun or any other fully automatic weapon. I actually have no NEED for any weapon at all as I live in a very sensible peaceful area. Matter of fact,the majority of my country is very sensible and peaceful with no NEED for a firearm as a weapon at all. It's the city's with the drugs and the thugs where good people absolutely should be armed so it's not just the thugs that ARE armed. Problem is that our most violent city's are already supposed to gun free in the first place as gun laws are extremely tight. But wait.......criminals do whatever they want anyway.
Maybe I did misunderstand you, were you being sarcastic?
It's true criminals will do whatever they want, and that was the big argument against gun registration here in Canada when the government was trying to force everyone to register ALL of their guns. By having even one legally registered gun in your house you would be entered into a data base that changed your civil rights. If and when the police ever came knocking on your door and you were flagged as a gun owner. In some instances (eg. public disturbance) they might not need a search warrant to enter your house just because you were on file as owning one legally registered hunting rifle. On the other hand they might get called to the house next door for the exact same thing, and they would need a search warrant to enter the house even though that house might be a crack house full off illegal (non registered) hand guns. So essentially by registering your hunting rifle you were giving up some of your civil rights.
I spent 14 years living and working as a caretaker with a shooting range in my back yard. I got to know most of the people who used the range and they came from all walks of life. From simple target shooters, to Cops, Narcs, survivalists, black powder shooters, hunters, archers, and yes, even drug dealers. In fact one guy use to like to do his drug deals on the range because it was a fairly private and secure place to meet and do business. Or at least it was until I put an end to that. :whistle: This was the first place I felt the "need" to start using surveillance cameras around my house.

Smaug

God makes perfect. I just dug the hole
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well hopefully we don't go the route you Canucks went then. Our cops get a bit too much leeway now as it is. That sort of wholesale loss of rights will never fly around here without some serious crap hitting the fan. That is what happens when the soft of mind decide to trade rights for safety. The problem is that if that were to happen in this country there would be a huge amount of law abiding people getting crapped on for the actions of idiots.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
This is why we have this sign hanging next to our welcome mat...

1638-useful-no-trespassing-sign-these-times-expensive-ammunition-trespass_sign.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
In all seriousness though, I have a God given right to defend myself with whatever means I see fit. Whether I use a machine gun, or a tomahawk against criminals, tyrannical governments or anyone else who tries to harms me or my loved ones. That right was given to me by God at birth and only God can take that right away.

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson

Aaaaand, that's all I have to say about that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
God given right to defend myself with whatever means I see fit That right was given to me by God at birth and only God can take that right away.
Funny, that's exactly what another group of people say just before they start shouting Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! :ROFLMAO:
Of course those people feel the best defence is a strong offence. (as in wipe everybody else of the face of the Earth)

BTW I like the sign

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I'm with you Addy... I carry one on me at all times (it's like a fire extinguisher, you hope you never need it but sure are glad you have it when you do need it).

If a business does not allow me to carry one, I just don't go there. No need, especially in Utah where open carry is legal without any permits and you can legally carry in schools and banks etc. Note, you never hear of mass shootings in Utah... That's because people who try get shot first. Win Win!!!

But like you, I have never hunted. Couldn't bare the thought of taking an animals life. Though I would if it meant I starved to death if I didn't. But luckily I have never been in that situation.

Keep it calm all is fine.

I have been shooting since I was a kid, rated expert when in high school, had a bunch of class3 weapons (full auto)I sold when I moved to md.
Kept the non class 3.
I have never hunted, just can't make those critters eyes shut for good.

Sleep with a loaded one, carry a few with us when we travel. Used to have a ccw.

Totally respect them, only pulled one when I driving home at 2 in the am, being followed by a car load of men harassing me. They pulled away lol.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Funny, that's exactly what another group of people say just before they start shouting Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! :ROFLMAO:
Of course those people feel the best defence is a strong offence. (as in wipe everybody else of the face of the Earth)

BTW I like the sign

Big difference is I don't have a God given right to murder innocent people. But I do to protect myself from those who will murder innocent people.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Funny, I don't remember seeing HER signature on the document! :confused:
John

Look at you pot stirrer you! :chicken:

I suspect "the document" you are referring to is the Constitution which does not give rights either. It only outlines the God given rights that cannot be taken by a government or man. So no "the document" doesn't give us any rights, it simply outlines those inalienable rights that cannot be taken from us.

Reaction score
Big difference is I don't have a God given right to murder innocent people. But I do to protect myself from those who will murder innocent people.
Well apparently either their God is more liberal then yours, or more likely their God doesn't view people not of their faith as being innocent. In any case it's always a slippery road when we start using a god (or nationalism) to justify harming other people. :(

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Well apparently either their God is more liberal then yours, or more likely their God doesn't view people not of their faith as being innocent. In any case it's always a slippery road when we start using a god (or nationalism) to justify harming other people. :(

True, but I am not using God to justify harming people, quite the opposite... I have only spoke of defending myself, loved ones and innocent people. It's a slippery slope when you force good people to disarm while knowing the criminals and religious zealots bent on murdering infidels will always have access to kill (pressure cookers, car bombs, knives etc).

I don't mind that some may disagree with my belief that my rights are given to me by God. Because He is who I answer to and I take comfort in that.

Reaction score
True, but I am not using God to justify harming people, quite the opposite... I have only spoke of defending myself, loved ones and innocent people. It's a slippery slope when you force good people to disarm while knowing the criminals and religious zealots bent on murdering infidels will always have access to kill (pressure cookers, car bombs, knives etc).

I don't mind that some may disagree with my belief that my rights are given to me by God. Because He is who I answer to and I take comfort in that.

Well we may have more restrictive government policies here in Canada then you do, with regard to protecting ourselves, but we're not defenceless, I still have a pressure cooker and I know how to use it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
..I have only spoke of defending myself, loved ones and innocent people. It's a slippery slope when you force good people to disarm while knowing the criminals and religious zealots bent on murdering infidels will always have access to kill (pressure cookers, car bombs, knives etc).

You defending yourself, loved ones and "innocent" people is based on your interpretation (because you are the one with the gun) at the time.

Speaking as a non religious person, I see that sentiment used all the time to justify violence all over the world.

Smaug

God makes perfect. I just dug the hole
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nothing gets someone a pile on like professing his or her belief in God. Not once did I see Pecan say it was his right to harm someone because of his belief in God.if someone breaks into my house or attempts to harm myself or a loved one or any other person then that person IS NOT INNOCENT . It would not be because I am armed that make them someone who needs stopped,it was there actions.

Ask a Question