This is the best fish forum on the planet...

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Of all the fish forums I've been on, I've found this one to be the most congenial. The members here are helpful to a fault, even to trolls! Compare this forum to the Planted Garden, where I recently started a thread on adding water from a second floor faucet.

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=247810

Of all the replies, only one was helpful, the others ran the gamut from matrimonial advice to calling me stupid or lazy. From now on, this is the only forum for fish for me! Thanks to all for making this forum such a pleasant place to be!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We try! to be friendly and helpful and goofy............
lol love your piping!

My honey offered to put piping though the bathroom wall so I could clean the tank easier (i.e. have water pipes sticking out into the living room from the bathroom we are redoing)
I told him thanks but no thanks, bought one of those attach to your faucet cleaning hose things they sale. Do need to pull the screen off the faucet and swap it out to clean the tank, in the summer I can use the garden hose attached to the cleaning hose.

Soon.......soon.............soon...........not soon enough the fish go outside into their new pond to be 1000 gallon tank. I swap out water a lot to keep the water healthy for them (just a little over crowded!)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Down here some have diverter valves on there clean water waste lines .During good weather tub water, sink water and washing machine water gets put out side on the lawn or in there gardens .I have been thinking of doing it .I have one main line for waste water and it runs along my basement wall up near the ceiling and you can see the drain connectors after you pull the ceiling insulation away . It would be cheap to do ,cut and take the waste connector out add extention and valve for patch and new pipe out through the wall to the garden in a few places .Thinking of just doing the washing machine for now .I did it with my house in NJ and the garden was always green ,but no bleaching anything .I used 20 mule team borax to make things white and clean ,boost detergent .Since I have a front loader here I have to add it to the tub .

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Yeah, it seems to be the nature of the internet where the "expert" folk like to deride others... I am glad I haven't seen much of that here. I know "a post or two" i've went all "crazy eyed", but I am definitely much more milder than these other folk that just flat out go on attack.

This place is one out of a couple of other forums that just give me a sense of calm and enjoying the hobby.

Reaction score
I totally agree with you Johnhuff. I'm also on several pond forums and they totally pound you on what your doing wrong. I posted my pond temps on one forum and they told me my pond temp was way to cold and I needed to do this and that. This is by far the best pond site I have been to. Them people need to get in the real world and come and look at this site!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I like it here also and people seem to be able to resolve their differences more so than on other forums no matter what we talk about. And we talk about everything under the sun from aliens
alien24.gif
to zygotes
Zygote_zps5ba798cc.gif

Hey when you put those both together you get HARO :LOL:

Reaction score
Come now Pickles, you're too easily offended. :p

If this is such a great forum how come you don't drop in on us more often? :sad:

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Group Hug everyone! This forum is great because of the regulars here! Even our resident grump, WB, is a good guy under his crusty exterior, and I know I can say that because he'll never visit a thread with the title "The best fish forum on the planet"! Ya, I haven't been here much because of Winter and I usually don't do anything with the pond during the winter months.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol mine just sits there, on sunny days you can see the fish moving around ow they hide under the floating liner. It just sits waiting for warm weather. I do see the parrots feather and some other plants starting to green up.

Reaction score
JohnHuff said:
Group Hug everyone Even our resident grump, WB, is a good guy under his crusty exterior, and I know I can say that because he'll never visit a thread with the title "The best fish forum on the planet"!
Hmmm? That's strange, I always thought of him as having more of a crunchy interior with a frosty good guy coating. But maybe your " stale Twinkie like" description is is more accurate. :dunno:
hostess_bankrupt_twinkie.jpg

addy1 said:
lol mine just sits there, on sunny days you can see the fish moving around ow they hide under the floating liner. It just sits waiting for warm weather. I do see the parrots feather and some other plants starting to green up.
Addy I'm hoping my pond will be close to where is your is by the end of March. :fingersx:

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Awe, you guys are making my eyes leak! Your all darn nice and even when I'm a wee bit cranky I still love it here, I feel like this is home! When I get old and die, maybe they can download my brain so I can still visit with all my pond friends! Sissy, we can have a virtual coffee house within this forum, and then we never have to die!!! We can live here forever and ever ...... and ever...... the haunted garden pond forum!! He he he

Ask a Question