This is what boredom got me

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Update, just need to seam the two liners together, then landscape around the pond. Then test out the waterfall and tweak it with some foam to redirect water where I want it. Getting a free pond fill up today.

2B573131-A14F-40E1-A6F8-7EDCA1AA1BF1.jpeg
The one corner once done seaming may have a ton of extra liner, so may end up adding a static bog area or something that goes behind some of the rocks I set. Have plenty of pea gravel so not a problem there.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@Jhn You will probably find that area to be one of your favorites. I have the island as static bog loaded with moss sphagnum and x mass. and several others.
I found one moss that loves to grow in full sun along the stream bed, Its a very vibrant green. Ill have to send you some.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
jhn, you're not paying attention to your audience on this forum; NO MORE PICS THROUGH SCREENs (please!). Take a hint from GB and do it proper by actually going outside and snapping something we can drool over, hey? Not looking for Nat Geo versions, just something a bit closer and from different angles. Oh, and without the need for the eye of the mosquito!

And how about some current diamondback posings this summer? Can't recall seeing anything like that from you lately! (selfish wishing, here; feel free to disregard!)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I to would love to see more of your pond. your an old school ponder would love seeing some detail shots .

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
@GBBUDD and @brokensword haha Will get some better pics, not much on pics in case you hadnt noticed. Will try to get some at different angles, also will get some pics of the terrapins, once they are out. Have only seen a few of them once so far this year

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@GBBUDD and @brokensword haha Will get some better pics, not much on pics in case you hadnt noticed. Will try to get some at different angles, also will get some pics of the terrapins, once they are out. Have only seen a few of them once so far this year
don't you know? SOME of us have to live vicariously through others...heh, hence why WE need to see whatcha doin' a lot clearer! Ya know, if you're weren't doing something so good, there wouldn't be such a clamor for better pics!!

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
]62805799-B18C-4F0B-933A-C7BB399A502D.jpeg42F58C7B-A983-4132-9ADC-264D91DAC6C1.jpeg6F47852D-6039-4A2F-9770-4287E8ED72AB.jpeg62805799-B18C-4F0B-933A-C7BB399A502D.jpegC269D47C-2D7F-485C-83FE-8DCC0D299637.jpeg6F47852D-6039-4A2F-9770-4287E8ED72AB.jpegE1766C8A-4CCB-4585-9965-4411C22CE515.jpeg
some pics of what I’ve been up to, got it seamed together and seems to be holding water pun intended.
Had a hose leak when I moved the pump over to the intake bay and had to couple two hoses together. Think I may be losing a bit of water between new big and pond as it is doing the usual wicking water up between the liners, but no biggie that is why I didnt finish the waterfall right away.

just have some edging to finish, the fence, then waiting on the nets to show up before I will remove the safety fence I got around the pond and in the connection between the two to prevent the larger fish from becoming heron bait. The little guys are on there own that can get through the fence in the water.
Thanks to @GBBUDD on giving me more tips on seaming as well. It went pretty well only had one area that got a wrinkle and was a little tricky.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Now there's a man who knows how to make a shore line look natural. Nice work @Jhn NICE WORK. I LOVE the varying heights step in and outs and the jagged edge water creeping behind the common edge and the misc boulders. On the bottom. Aquascape should ask you for some tips . Wish I could have helped more I could have picked up some tips. Looks great .....
? Under some of the gravel along the sides is there liner there too ? Is that for planting or so no plants grow.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
looks great, jhn! Is this the pond where your diamondbacks reside? Once you're done, how about some turtle/turtle in pond pics?

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Now there's a man who knows how to make a shore line look natural. Nice work @Jhn NICE WORK. I LOVE the varying heights step in and outs and the jagged edge water creeping behind the common edge and the misc boulders. On the bottom. Aquascape should ask you for some tips . Wish I could have helped more I could have picked up some tips. Looks great .....
? Under some of the gravel along the sides is there liner there too ? Is that for planting or so no plants grow.
Thanks.... All of the gravel, has liner under it, but only some of it is deep enough andwill have water below the gravel for plants to grow in, the rest is as you guessed to keep plants from growing. Like I said I greatly appreciate your advice, it would have been fun to have a fellow ponder helping and if you are in the area on a road trip come on by and hang out for abit.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
looks great, jhn! Is this the pond where your diamondbacks reside? Once you're done, how about some turtle/turtle in pond pics?
Yes, it is where some reside, I just saw the first one the other day poking its head out from under a log in there. Once they are out and about more will get some pics of them. I can get some pics of the 3-4 year old terrapins they are in the raised 1800 gal. Pond and have been out basking already On sunny days. They are still a little skittish, since they just kind of woke up, so if they see me walking over they all slide into the water to hide.

Ask a Question