This may sound geeky

Reaction score
This may sound geeky but I am so stoked my pond is not just an empty hole in the ground anymore. I do have a lot of things to do to it still, but I find myself constantly thinking about it. What to improve and what I may want to add. I love the wildlife..... I see so many birds and we have always had deer as I'm am somewhat in a rural area but more are coming I guess to drink the water. I cant say how many frogs just came out of no where... Yeah we had tree frogs and toads, but today I saw a huge water frog. (I think it was huge anyway). 4 yrs ago we had a fox show up once in a while but I saw three thee other night. Actually they saw me and one gave out its blood curdling scream and when I shinned my flash light over there I guess I saw the momma and two kits. I know fox are not good for the fish in the pond but really I'm just stoked!

-Jack

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
JACK -- Not geeky at all! I share your excitement :) though our wildlife isn't quite as interesting as yours! Found [toad?] eggs yesterday. Have spent hours on the internet listening to frog & toad calls, trying to ID the critters we hear every night. Yeah, when we finally got the liner placed in our hole-in-the-ground, a whole new world opened up. Even my Hubby & teenage son are starting to show some interest, and for me, that's the BEST part of all -- having something we can share and enjoy!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
How neat! We gets tons of critters coming by. They all love the pond, water, bog, plants. Tremendous amount of dragonflies this year, flies, mosquitoes non existent. Between the birds, frogs, toads, dragonflies, bugs are under control. We were overrun with those black crickets when we first moved here, now don't even really see them.

mgannon

The Pond Hunter
Reaction score
If your enthusiasm is geeky then I am a total geek. My love of fishkeeping and ponds made me turn it into a profession!! I work with ponds full time for 17 years now and still get so much enjoyment from them! I'm glad to see your so stoked over your pond. My website is www.loveyourpond.com if you want to check it out! Mike

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I can't blame you at all for being excited about your pond. That's a good thing in my book! Love the frogs, dragonflies, birds and of course the fish that are in my pond. Never get un-excited about ponding!

Reaction score
hehe, yep if you weren't doing those things i might wonder why have a pond... only have had mine for just over a year and i still go out and look and think what could i do better... am thinking even the other members who have had theirs many years longer still consider tweaking their pond and spend hours during the week just sitting and watching

mgannon

The Pond Hunter
Reaction score
ha! I want to make some sort of change EVERY time I look at my pond! If I only had the money to do what I want to do!..

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
I'm carefull to never fully finish any thing totally complete ,That I really enjoy,because when I do I seem to loose interest in it ,sound crazy ,but happen too many times in my life!

Ask a Question