This one goes out to Sissy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well I read on a post somewhere on this forum about Sissy finding empty frog bodies in her pond..... I found one about a week ago in my pre-filter to my pump..... And today I found one in the pond.... Empty of anything inside.... Both definitely frogs..... Guess I am not going to have bullfrogs croaking.... Jimmy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Her koi eat them. I have not had the problem with my goldfish group.
Yep..... I have Koi and two big ones..... But what amazes me I have 40 Japanese Trapdoor snails..... Had 50 but gave 10 to my daughter....but with one swipe of my Koi tail it sends them over on their backs..... And the ordeal that they have to do to right themselves.... They expose their entire inter body..... In the time that I have had them only found three empty shells..... Sarah and I were working in the gardens today.... They love earthworms

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh yeh my koi ate my trapdoor snails also .I found one fatality in the pond this morning .Frog with no insides .Guess it is a delicacy that the koi cannot resist :);)I thought I got all the frogs but one got past me .I must be a really bad frog wrangler

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh yeh my koi ate my trapdoor snails also .I found one fatality in the pond this morning .Frog with no insides .Guess it is a delicacy that the koi cannot resist :);)I thought I got all the frogs but one got past me .I must be a really bad frog wrangler
Found another one this morning..... It was a Toad frog..... Been beat up but was still intact..... Guess since Toads are poisonous they didn't like the taste but took him out anyway..... Was really wanting to hear the frogs this spring

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have had it with frogs and the noise they make .Here there are 6 different creeks they can go to and the come to my pond .Last year my lily pond was so crowded with them that the lily had no room to grow .The eggs they laid this year were so thick I had a half a big bucket full of them frog bucket one and then 2 and then 3 and then 4
101_0070.JPG
101_0032 (1).JPG
101_0022.JPG
101_0027 (1).JPG
101_0022.JPG
101_0024.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have had it with frogs and the noise they make .Here there are 6 different creeks they can go to and the come to my pond .Last year my lily pond was so crowded with them that the lily had no room to grow .The eggs they laid this year were so thick I had a half a big bucket full of them frog bucket one and then 2 and then 3 and then 4 View attachment 98530 View attachment 98531 View attachment 98532 View attachment 98533 View attachment 98534 View attachment 98535
Yep..... You are a frog wrangler.... But with that many toad frogs I am surprised you don't have a snake or four hanging around...... Snakes love Toad frogs

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I wonder why my koi have no interest in frogs or toads. I'm just hoping I don't have many snakes this year:(

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Mine didn't have interest in them until the got about a foot long ,then the killing started .It is not fun to take bodies out first thing in the morning .Marty called and said he and his girlfriend love the frog noises in the big pond on their farm .He told me 2 of his horses stomped a snake to death .Marty is my neighbor and he heard frm a friend about my frog relocation every year and that is when he asked me for some .He said mosquito's have been getting bad and they could not even sit outside .He owns a 200 acre farm across the road and creek from me .His farm is on the other side of the trees in pic .I used to see his fields but trees have grown a lot since 2004
100_7033.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I can see 5 fireworks shows from my house .But trees are slowly blocking my view .I used to see Marty's cows and horses and I can only hear them now .I used to see part of the barn and house also .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have had it with frogs and the noise they make .Here there are 6 different creeks they can go to and the come to my pond .Last year my lily pond was so crowded with them that the lily had no room to grow .The eggs they laid this year were so thick I had a half a big bucket full of them frog bucket one and then 2 and then 3 and then 4 View attachment 98530 View attachment 98531 View attachment 98532 View attachment 98533 View attachment 98534 View attachment 98535
Sissy.... I have quickly came to the same conclusion as you about frogs..... Well toads anyway..... Two days ago opened up my skimmer..... And the smell hit me..... I had five different masses of toad frog eggs in there..... Cleaned out my skimmer..... The next afternoon checked the skimmer three more globs..... And now I have thousands of little black tadpoles on the bottom of my pond..... Having to backwash my filter every day..... You can see in the sight glass hundreds of tadpoles going out..... Although I do love to listen to them..... But the old saying goes.....Be careful of what you wish for.....

Ask a Question